News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

sale on wire

Started by Thirteen, June 23, 2013, 11:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirteen

I need to get about 830 ft of no. 1 wire (copper) anyone seen a sale going on  or just a good buy?

Robin

I'm not sure 1AWG is a standard size?
Robin
Robin Gudgel

cpm

830' single putup?

And yes, 1AWG is pretty standard, , in thhn anyway.

Thirteen

I need to add 5 more solar panels 48V to the ones I all ready have. I only get 1 hr 15 minutes of sunlight during the winter so I have a mountian side that will give me about 3hrs during the month of December and January. The panels will be about 410-420 feet from the power shed. The fun part is across a road and across the creek. But it gives me the power I need.

cpm

I hate to second guess, I really really do. Honest.

But wouldn't it make more sense to invert at the remote location, and sent 120v AC back to the main shed?
Save a bunch on wire.

500' putups of 1AWG thhn are out there. Shipping is what kills.

Where are you located?

Thirteen

I am in the lower panhandle of Idaho, USA. Part of my problem is that I would need to build a shed up there which is about 250 ft up hill and the snow gets to be about 4-5 ft deep and you only come down from up there. There are no roads but a deer trail. I can crawl up it in the summer  but in the winter it is just to steep. I would need to use transformers at the power shed for the banks and an extra control er.
I have about 30 inches of snow at my house. From the power shed it is about 40 ft from the house. I will have a micro hydro system in in 2 years. I have good water during the winter unless it freezes. The is a creek just 20 ft in front of my house. It runs all year but drops off in the summer from mid June until November, to get enough head flow I need to bury about 1400 ft of pipe and then it is only good for about 6 months.
But I did look at that a couple of years ago so I should take another look things change every couple of years. If I remember the transformers were the biggest $$.  The bank would need to be down at the shed. I will use the same bank for both solar and hydro. I will have a small portable battery bank (on wheels) that i will take up at times to the small cabin that is 16X18 but it is in a sheltered canyon. The sun does not ever get there. I did not even know it was there for the first 5 years I owed the property. It just looks like a bunch of small trees in a thicket next to a small cliff. It needs a bunch of work but it is salvegable. There is sometimes snow there in July. But you can get away from everything even yourself. (Chuckle)
I'll see what I can come up with. 60a 4000 ft elevation.

anyone here on this forum done theirs that way.

TomW

13;

I wonder if you can get away with those Solar batteryless grid tie inverters and just feed AC from there to your house inverter? No batteries and no structure beyond panel mounts.

I am not sure of details but they have a system I recently heard of where you use one of those set ups to feed  in to the output side of an inverter and if you do not use it as AC power it charges your main battery bank thru the inverter. I think Outback or other sinewave inverter / charger would be required.

Called AC coupled.

Solves a lot of problems I think but I may be way off.

Maybe others can give details?

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

cpm

There are some 500+ ft putups of 1awg THHN for sale on ebay for $1K, ($2/ft) with free shipping in the 48.
That's a pretty decent price since it includes shipping.

I hope you have some help with that pull.

etcm

I've noticed spools of wire/cables, etc. at gov't auction/sale.  WWW.gsaauctions.gov or www.govliquidation.com
At risk of being cursed at for linking you to potentially addictive websites.  If you register at the govliquidation site, you can click on links to the gov't/milspec data sheets on some equippage.  The auctions and stock change often and the listings are not always in the correct catagories, i.e. many electrical things are in the aircraft sections etc.
Good luck.

ananthapriya

sorry I am not a wire seller and also i don't need any copper wire. Suppose in future i want to buy copper wire i make contact to you. But i like to share simple one here that means about copper. Copper is the best conducting material so only most of the solar panel made up of copper led.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!