Started by robertd, August 11, 2013, 02:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertd

what can I do to make my classic not go into resting/tracking so often
also my neighbor has the exact panel count as I do but he does more killos
at the end of each day  he has outback 80 charge controller

Halfcrazy

Going to need a lot more info:

You say it is resting in the middle of the day?
How are the panels configured? (how many?, how many in a string? What brand and model?)
What is the input voltage on the classic, top left?
what is the battery voltage on the classic, top right?
Have you ever updated the firmware on the classic?
What is the firmware on the classic, repeatedly push the status button until you find a screen with 2 dates on it and report back the Classic REV #?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Also I should point out that years ago when we where Outback and we built the outback charge controller we did not worry much about accuracy on the meters. Most people report they find the outback controllers to read 5-15% high on there own display. So just as an FYI you may not want to trust the KWH on the screen unless it is from say an FNDC through an external shunt.

Ryan

robertd

ok input voltage is about 63volts battery voltage is ok  goes into absorb at 57.3volts
I am using suntec 280 w panels 14 total 2 per bank
the firmware is up to date  classic rev 1320   hope this is enough info for you

Halfcrazy

Ok the issue is the panel voltage is to low for Solar mode. Basically meaning the MPPT voltage is likely at or below battery voltage. There are 2 things you can do here. String in groups of 3 panels for a more efficient set up or switch to Legacy P&O in the Mode menu. Legacy P&O is a touch slower it is more comparable to the outback tracking and will deal with pv arrays that have to low a voltage.

Ryan

Shitad

Ok just a follow up to what I posted earlier, my avg. PV input Voltage is usually at 81 to 83 volts during normal sunshine hours. At the time of my post it was overcasted so my PV was only doing 63V in at that time.