layout with potential shading in mind

Started by mirage, December 16, 2014, 09:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirage

I have an array of four panels that I want to wire into two strings of two panel series. I've attached a drawing of the array showing which direction the potential shading could be coming from. Panels w and x have the potential to be temporarily shaded by things stored nearby on the roof. If there is something shading the panels it will probably shade both or not at all. Panels y and z will never be shaded. What is the best way to wire these into two strings of two in series to minimize the affects of shading? Is there a clear benefit to having the two panels that will never be shaded wired in the same string versus one in partial shade and one with no shade? 

ClassicCrazy

You would want to have at least two panels in the same  series unshaded.  If one panel was shaded and the other not it would bring the total current down for that string. The other string connected parallel that is in full light will still put out it's full potential . 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable