Classis 200 soft keys not responding

Started by elesaver, January 22, 2018, 12:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elesaver

My CL200 soft key pad does not respond.  When I try to push any of the keys, there is nothing on the MGNP that shows it has moved to another screen.  I took the MGNP off, removed the soft key pad to see if there was anything preventing contact but nothing there.  Actually wish I hadn't done that since it's hard to get those little soft "points" of silicone back into the holes!  Then, I tried powering down everything, letting it rest for 20 minutes or so.  Upon power up no change.  Would there be anything else that I could try?  I haven't had any difficulties with this unit until now.

This system is at the barn...24V; 4 ea 300W panels through a combiner and DC 150 box; 4 ea Trojan 6V 240 aH batteries.
System 1:  CL 150, 6 (300W) Axitech panels, VFX 3524, mini-dc disconnect.  WBjr, 24V Forklift 938 aH.
System 2:  CL 150, 6 (300W) panels, baby box
Classics wired to "follow me"

Westbranch

Not sure if this is the problem, but there is a 'button battery'' in the MNGP. Check the voltage?  How old is the unit?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

ClassicCrazy

None of the keys respond  but you get display ?
No backlight either ?  I would double check connecting cable and also maybe try plugging it in the other jack on the Classic- I think I remember Bob saying it will do same thing except for no backlight ?
Do you have Local Status App connected ? If so I would save the settings with that , then do hard reset using jumpers ( since you can't do it with VMM button push on MNGP.  You can restore you setpoints with local status app. 
Guess if none of that works I would open up ticket with Midnite and see what they say .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

KyleM

Yes getting those soft points back into place is a nightmare.

Make sure that your MNGP wires are connected really good as noted by ClassicCrazy.
If you get through all of the recommended steps from his post, and still can not get it to work we will need to RMA the MNGP and get it repaired.

If that is the case please fill out a ticket at http://www.midnitehelp.com/

-Kyle

elesaver

Thanks for the tips, everyone.  I'll check the button battery.  Backlight works fine; the MGNP does have a display showing SOC, Voltage, charge mode, etc.   The unit is 4 years old.  I don't have a local AP connection so there's nothing else to do.  The button battery check is a good idea.
System 1:  CL 150, 6 (300W) Axitech panels, VFX 3524, mini-dc disconnect.  WBjr, 24V Forklift 938 aH.

boB

Soft keys ?  You mean the 2 keys in the upper left and upper right ?

The rest of the keys work ?

The battery doesn't have anything to do with the buttons working.

Weird I must say !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

elesaver

No...I mean none of the gray silicone keys at the MGNP work.  I can't get back to the main screen.  It is "frozen" at the current screen.  I wanted to change some of the parameters but can't get any response to changing the screen.  After thinking about it, I was questioning whether the battery would impact the board itself.  I'll have to contact Midnite technical for some help.  Thanks again.