daily log resets too early

Started by TimBandTech, March 06, 2020, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimBandTech

So my client is complaining that the daily log is resetting before he gets down to the basement to review the days output. Must be resetting around 7PM. Is there a way to make this reset at midnight? No pun intended...

The time and date of the three charge controllers are good. The communication loop keeps failing though. Going up there today to address it again for the umpteenth time. I tried replacing a cable, but it seems that the problem is in the hardware/firmware. With a power cycle the communications will likely be working again, though this log issue won't be resolved. Possibly the diversion load signal is contaminating the serial comm. I'll try to debug that aspect today. Certainly I should have a twisted pair on the PWM output. Not sure I worried about that back in time. The SSRs are running nice and cool and the diversion system is working well. We have an analog meter on the diversion signal so that the duty cycle can be monitored.
24 SURRETTE 2-KS-33PS 2V 2500AH @48VDC, 7kW STC PV  (three arrays) 3 Midnite Classics, one with Waste Not High diversion driving 3kW of heating element at 48VDC through three SSR circuits, Two 6kW XW inverters

boB

Well, I thought that the daily information did not go away from the screen until the first wakeup of the next day but I could remember wrongly...

He should be able to go into the logs and view them though ?   Is that not working until the next day ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

Last week (standard time) and for the last 6 years, my daily log reset exactly at midnight.

My Morningstar controller resets at first light
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV