C250 system w//Wizbang ....flashing 17% SOC all day

Started by Jimigunne, September 09, 2023, 08:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimigunne

Its a 24v lifepo off grid system. I almost depleted the batt bank by running too much load. (Wanted to see how long it would run two fridges, a light, and a big fan with solar array turned off.) So yesterday morning when the sun was high enough to generate power, I turned the system on. I didnt re-enter any parameters, date or anything, but thats' not necessary, right? I didn't turn the inverter & load on.  So nearly all day long it showed bulk charging. It was a clear sunny day, and there was 12 amps going into the battery bank. But on the Wizbang display page the controller flashed 17% continuously. Have seen it flash before at low SOC, but always before I would find that later on, the flashing had stopped, and  Wizbang showing 97 or 98 %. I don't know what it means when the Wizbang SOC is flashing. Does it just mean that the battery bank is critically low?

ClassicCrazy

what is your battery capacity ?
The Classic  needs to go all the way back to full for it to recalibrate the SOC to 100% if things get messed up. 
So did your batteries fill up ? That means that the Classic got to the absorb setpoint and went to float to show 100% SOC again. Then it should count up and down okay again. 
My guess is that you ran the battery down far enough that the bms shut the battery down and that would shut the Classic off . That would be a reason the Classic SOC had to start over the SOC again by going to 100%.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Vic

Hi Jimi..,

Information about the details of your system will allow your friends, here, to give meaningful answers  --  DETAILS DO MATTER!

(there are some pending questions from previous posts).

Here is a snippet of info,

"
Quote from: Jimigunne on November 30, 2022, 02:20:24 PMIts a 2S lifepo4 24v 300ah system (6 100 ah 12v batteries)
"

Jimi, would you please give info, on the PV panel brand, and model number, and how they are configured (the previous request for this info would help us a lot).

Make sure that the WbJr is set to use "shunt", and not the Classic,  in the Setup.

One thought that I had,  is, that having LFP batts in series, can cause problems in deep discharges, as the individual BMS in one battery may shut off its output,  screwing up charge/discharges/balance/etc  --  please measure each battery, in each string to check on this.

We ALL eagerly await much more info you the details of your system, and reports about what you are finding.

TIA!!,  will check back soon,  take care,  Good Luck,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Wizbandit

On the WBjr status page, bottom center, if the % is FLASHING that means the SOC is UNKNOWN.  So if you see 100% and it is FLASHING that means NOT 100% aka UNKNOWN.  It will go SOLID after a complete charge and will UN-CALIBRATE if you power the Classic OFF.

boB

Yeah, might have rebooted or powered off then on again and just waiting for an Absorb to Float transition to re-calibrate to 100% state of charge and then stop the flashing.

However, this is how you can kind of test and measure your actual battery capacity to see how many kW-Hours the batteries can hold.  Don't need to go down to 17% of course but something low like that.

As you can see, if might be a bit scary unless you have a generator to recharge if it is going to be all night with no battery

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me