CLASSIC LITE AND MYMIDNITE WIN7 AND WIN XP

Started by GHOSTNH, August 09, 2013, 04:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

Hi Tom!
Ryan might be better able to answer that question. I think we have a shortlist of routers somewhere that have been problematic.

The Classic is supposed to act like a browser and just accesses the Internet on port 80 like a browser so it should just work. It seems not to though! Most of my testing seemed to work in-house with most of the routers we tested. We tested mostly cheap routers though because of our budget! I know that boB had some DNS issues with his ISP-issued cable modem, while the same one in the office worked fine. The wonderful world of networking!!!

GHOSTNH

WELL STILL DOES NOT WORK !!!!!!
I REMOVED THE CONTROLLER FROM THE MY MIDNITE ACCOUNT AND NOW IT WILL NOT LET ME REENTER THE MAC OR DEVICE ID !!  WHAT A CRAPPY SOFTWARE SYSTEM... I PURCHASED THIS ITEM BECAUSE IT WAS IP ADDRESSABLE AND WEB VIEWABLE  .. BUT SEEMS THAT ALL THE HYPE ABOUT THESE FEATURES ARE USELESS AND THIS IS ONLY A FEW MONTHS OLD AND ALREADY HAD TO UPDATE FIRMWARE JUST TO SUPOSEDLY GET IT TO WORK WITH MY MIDNITE..  I WOULD NOT AT THIS TIME RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANY SOLAR INSTALLER OR SYSTEM IT HAS WAY TO MANY PROLEMS NOT ONLY WITH MY MIDNITE BUT ALSO WITH THE APP THAT DOES NOT EVEIN WORK ON ANDRIOD..
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

Halfcrazy

GhostNH

Sorry you are so unhappy with your Classic. You really cant remove the main controller from My MidNite as that is what gave you access to the account. As far as it working on My MidNite I have browsed this thread quickly and I see no one has asked. Have you checked and saved "Web Access" in the Local App?

As far as the controller being old and out of date, REV 1401 was not a bug fix it was a firmware package that was released simultaneously with the actual release of My MidNite.

I am sure Andrew and I can help get My MidNite going. Please let me know if you checked and saved Web Access on the Local App.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 10, 2013, 08:45:34 PM
Please let me know if you checked and saved Web Access on the Local App.

Ryan

Ryan;

I went back and looked closer.

In the first post he said Web Access is enabled.

Usually these things turn out to be simple things. Sorting out "what" is the fun part.

Sorry to see you having trouble, GHOST.  Mymidnite was just beta testing stage a short while ago and like most new software compatibility issues do crop up. Give them a chance to sort it out and I am pretty sure they will get your system working as advertised.

I do all my monitoring locally mostly because I have horribly unreliable internet so I pull data from the Classic and process it locally. Even if the software is not behaving properly on logging / monitoring you can be assured the controller still does its job properly.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

I know the frustration !   Just tonight at my dad's, (he's 92) I plugged my windows 7 laptop into his
Ethernet cable and my computer could not make a connection.  Windows is supposed to be easy too
but no go.

Remember just 30 years ago we didn't have anything like this and didn't have any of these troubles
we have today with these very complicated high technology toys !  Life was so simple and
processors were real slow (~ 4 MHz) and memory was small (~64 K).

This stuff is NOT easy to design and is sometimes not easy to get to work with every single
one of the multitude of different pieces of equipment out there that are supposedly built
to some "standard" specifications.

I'm surprised that it ever works !  You can't expect to win them all and will sometimes
run across a combination of equipment that does not play well together.

BTW, my Westell DSL modem/router is the one here at home that crashes (or at least used
to crash) my Classic.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

atop8918

I've checked the logs and it does look like the device is dialing in correctly, however it is not able to authenticate. This was the behavior I was seeing prior to the 1401 firmware update. It is possible that your particular network is not playing nicely with the authentication procedure.

GHOSTNH, can you give me the model of router you are using to connect to the Internet? We might have to get one in-house to see if we can solve the problem. If it is a popular router then we might save a lot of folks some headaches.

Ryan is correct, in order to make an account on the system you need a valid device ID and MAC combination. You can't re-register for the same device. I am happy to clear the account for you if you like. Or you can delete the account using the controls under the Edit tab.

GHOSTNH

web access was enable and has continued that way
router is a Linksys wrt54gl  FIRMWARE 4.30.14 BUILD 5 OCT 6 2009
my midnite showed and un assigned controller this am  ( thanks for the reset Andrew) I assigned the controller and still get the msg "this controller has been unable to connect to server for 2 weeks "

BTW every time I try to log in to my midnite  1 st attempt say " you are not authorized to access this page" 2nd attempt get me in >>

BTW the app display show 50.x volts when actual volts measured at the controller  battery terminal is  on 49.x battery current seems right ..

like I said earlier I purchased this system for the ip addressable and viewing over the net  although it does work in house and the app works via the net  not every where I travel will have the app or allow me to put it on their system.. plus if I forgot to close the app and am out somewhere I can not use the app over the network... would be nice if the app worked on android and allowed multiple connects... problem solved .. I can not speak to the my midnite  site because so far  I can not see now it works .

also would be nice if once data logging is enable that continues weither or not the app is running
and as already mentioned the c/f translation because I monitor the fet /battery/ pcb temp of the unit which is located remotely.. that help to decide if I need to turn on fans etc
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

Halfcrazy

GoshtNH
From what I can see the Classic is not sending packets for one reason or another. Can you go to the Config tab of the local app and then the Tech tab and grab a screen shot of the IP settings? In case you where not familiar with Print Screen, you can open and have showing on the computer screen anything you want to get a snap shot of. Click Print Screen. Now open Paint and click Paste and the images will show there.

I have attached a sample from my office. I suspect it is a DNS issue but need a little bit of info. I do apologize if this info has been asked for before. What do you have for internet service (IE Cable modem, DSL etc and is it a single Ethernet jack out and no wireless or is it a router as well? Also can you tell me the IP address of the Linksys?

Ryan

Halfcrazy

Also have you powered down the physical Classic completely waited 1 minute and powered it back on? I find with any networking device after a flurry of changes a Power cycle helps.

Ryan

GHOSTNH

ryan
after loading the 1401 firmware I did power down and wait ( count to 10) then powered back up
after making change per Andrew I again powered down waited ( count to 10) and then powered back up
cable modem ( Comcast isp) then Linksys wrt54gl router see above post for firmware revision then port of router go to computers classic lite  all hardwired only wire less is android and printer.

which ip do you want the router ( 192.168.1.1) the Comcast gateway ip,, the ip assigned by Comcast to my mac ????

screen shot attached

Halfcrazy

I am assuming the cable modem is just that a modem? Basically it has a coaxial input and an Ethernet output?  I am slightly confused as you mention the Comcast passing out IP addresses and in theory the Linksys should be doing that? I am wondering if it is doing something for the DNS. For instance on my system I have the following:

Cable modem

Linksys router set to 192.168.1.1 and it gets its DNS from the cable modem

Netgear Router 3 miles away set to 192.168.2.1 and its DNS is set to 192.168.1.1 and its gateway is set to 192.168.1.1

The devices IE Classics are then set to 192.168.2.xxx and there gateway is set to 192.168.2.1 and there DNS is set to 192.168.2.1

So basically I am wondering if the Classic should try to point its gateway and DNS to the Linksys instead? I may say try it for the afternoon and see if not Andrew will be able to help us tomorrow.

Ryan

atop8918

I'm actually seeing GHOSTNH's packets at the server. The problem is not a DNS issue, unfortunately. There seems to be something else going on. The setup is identical to what I had at home which had no problem authenticating. I am seeing his Classic call into the server and try to authenticate, then it all goes wrong. This is the same behavior we were seeing with the pre-1401 firmware. Looks like the bug is still a bug. I will have to get to the bottom of this quickly since undoubtedly GHOSTNH is not the only customer with this issue.

Again, I apologize, GHOSTNH for the problems. Most users just plug in and go, unfortunately something about your network is making the Classic unhappy. I will give this full attention.

boB

Remember that Tom W had a  Linksys wrt54gl  router that caused him troubles until he replaced
it with something else ?

This problem sounds like it might be something different now though.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

GHOSTNH

1 issue solved  the battery offset in the app was set to 1 so the meter display 1 volt higher then actual battery volts .. wish they were all this easy

GHOSTNH

Andrew, Ryan where are we on the issues of my data collection and my midnite?