Samlex inverter connection to e-panel

Started by Rybren, August 02, 2013, 09:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rybren

I have a Samlex PST-1500-24 inverter that I plan on using with my e-panel.  The Inverter has both a GFCI and hard-wire output and both have a neutral-ground bond internally.

I'm a tad (okay, a lot) confused regarding the AC connection from the Inverter to the e-panel and subsequent AC out from the panel.

I know that with this configuration, I don't want to make a N-G bond inside the panel.  Do I connect the AC ground from the inverter to the e-panel's ground busbar (which has the ground from the classic connected to it)?  Would the ground wire on the AC out lines from the panel also connect to the same ground busbar? 

What about the chassis ground from the Inverter? Would it go directly to the ground rod or can I also connect it to the busbar in the panel.

Thanks and sorry for all of the noob questions.

-Jerry
4 x 210W PV, Classic 150, e-panel, Samlex PST-1500-24, 232AH 24V

Rybren

Not to flog a dead horse but....

I'll be heading up to the camp tomorrow morning to wire up the inverter and this will be my last chance to clarify everything in that peabrain of mine.

I plan on leaving the N-G bond in the inverter. There will be no N-G bond in the e-panel.

Ground connections:

The inverter Chassis ground will connect to the e-panel ground bar.
The inverter AC out ground will connect to the e-panel ground bar.
The AC out lines from the e-panel will connect to the e-panel ground bar.
The Classic 150 ground will connect to the e-panel ground bar.
The e-panel ground bar will connect to the ground rod outside of the power shed.

Thoughts & thanks.

boB

I think this sounds OK except for this one...

"The AC out lines from the e-panel will connect to the e-panel ground bar."

Those aren't strictly grounds of course.  However the neutral inverter output gets
connected to the ground bar from inside the inverter as you said you were
going to do on that one.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Rybren

Thanks boB

I'll be running 12/2 wire from the epanel AC breakers to the cabins. I was referring to connecting the bare wire to the ground bar in the epanel.

Not sure what else to do with the wire.

Jerry