Is a WBjr included with new shipping classics?

Started by DMJ72, May 01, 2014, 07:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMJ72

Greetings all,

On a youtube video, there were comments that suggested the Wizbang Jnr. is now included with every shipping Classic.

Is this so?

Thanks.
(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Resthome

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Halfcrazy

Yes with every Classic but not Classic Lites
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

SolarMusher

Quote from: Halfcrazy on May 02, 2014, 09:54:01 AM
MN, did you think about your dealers doing that?
If I knew that before, I wouldn't have ordered for a box of ten.
Should I give these WBjrs to  first Classic owners for free now?
Not really friendly,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Halfcrazy

Not sure I understand? Are you saying the dealers would prefer we would not give them away?

Ryan

SolarMusher

Quote from: Halfcrazy on May 02, 2014, 12:45:43 PM
Not sure I understand? Are you saying the dealers would prefer we would not give them away?

Ryan
I could not speak for others installers but I bought these WBjrs (10/box) for next classic installations. Now if I understand what you wrote, the Classic (not lite) will be sold/packaged with WBjr included. So could you tell me what I should do with the wbjrs I bought to be installed with next classic sales and which now will also be parts (for free?) of  all new Classic boxes? Install two WBjrs for each Classic to clear my stock? Sell it for classic lite customers? Sorry I just sell full Classics. I'm just wondering why you sold them first as a full product and claim them to be included with Classic a few monthes later, it's not very logical. I understand that it's a good marketing point for you and I would agree with MN if these WBjr were sold with Classic from the very begining but it's not the case here. Sold them or give them as you want but not both, or refund the non sold units (box of ten) that you've sold before.
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Halfcrazy

The decision to ship WBjrs with the Classics was made early but the issue was th Code was not ready. Thats why we had the delay. These extra WBjrs are of course good for the Kids as well as existing systems that are installed. I would also assume if you have no need for these the distributor should have no issue taking these back?

SolarMusher

Quote from: Halfcrazy on May 02, 2014, 05:16:39 PM
I would also assume if you have no need for these the distributor should have no issue taking these back?
No way Ryan, not here in Canada. I understand the code issue but Midnite should have claim it clearly at the begining. Until today, I haven't found anything on your website or forum about the WBjr being included in next Classic package. As I said, knowing that I would never have ordered for these WBjrs.
I'm thinking that I'd rather send these WBjrs back to Midnite and have credit on a new Classic CC including a WBjr.
Erik

DMJ72

Thanks Ryan for clearing that up. :) I am going down to my Solar store to rummage through the Classic boxes to see which new one has a WBJr :D
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Halfcrazy

Quote from: SolarMusher on May 02, 2014, 06:15:17 PM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on May 02, 2014, 05:16:39 PM
I would also assume if you have no need for these the distributor should have no issue taking these back?
No way Ryan, not here in Canada. I understand the code issue but Midnite should have claim it clearly at the begining. Until today, I haven't found anything on your website or forum about the WBjr being included in next Classic package. As I said, knowing that I would never have ordered for these WBjrs.
I'm thinking that I'd rather send these WBjrs back to Midnite and have credit on a new Classic CC including a WBjr.
Erik

Email Kim@midnitesolar.com and Ryan@midnitesolar.com and we will see what can be done.

Halfcrazy

Quote from: DMJ72 on May 02, 2014, 06:35:30 PM

The box will have a black and red round Midnite sticker on the end with the model number if it has a WBjr inside.

Thanks Ryan for clearing that up. :) I am going down to my Solar store to rummage through the Classic boxes to see which new one has a WBJr :D

DMJ72

Quote from: Halfcrazy on May 03, 2014, 10:29:34 AM
The box will have a black and red round Midnite sticker on the end with the model number if it has a WBjr inside.

Thanks Ryan, I will have to wait on the new stock. Classics are all sold out. Plenty of FM80s though, heh :D

mike90045

I got a classic 200 about a month ago, and just a classic 200.  No extras.  Commissioned it yesterday and working on tuning/tweaking it up to run alongside a Morningstar MPPT.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Robin

Erik, We sure screwed you up!!
We did not have a plan to give away the WB Jr when it first came out. It just kind of happened?
Give me a call and we will do some trading or credits or whatever makes sense. Most dealers don't have 10 WB Jr's. It may take you a while to sell enough KIDs to use up the WB Jr's, so we will do something to make things better.
I can be hard to get a hold of at times, so you can e-mail directly also.
Robin Gudgel
360-403-7207 X26
robin@midnitesolar.com
Robin Gudgel

SolarMusher

Quote from: Robin on May 04, 2014, 01:26:32 AM
Erik, We sure screwed you up!!
We did not have a plan to give away the WB Jr when it first came out. It just kind of happened?
Give me a call and we will do some trading or credits or whatever makes sense. Most dealers don't have 10 WB Jr's. It may take you a while to sell enough KIDs to use up the WB Jr's, so we will do something to make things better.
I can be hard to get a hold of at times, so you can e-mail directly also.
Robin Gudgel
360-403-7207 X26
robin@midnitesolar.com
Hi Robin,
Don’t want to be nasty with that, but for sure you’re going to have problems with wholesalers also who have single Classic CC on shelves.
Dealers like me are going to order new Classics-WBjr packages only, for sure I will never accept a single CC from my suppliers anymore.
What will they do with their old Classic stock? Sell it cheaper? Not great. To solve that, you might also need to supply free WBjr to your wholesalers to add to their old stock …
Obviously it was a good idea, but…
Just my opinion,
Thanks for arrangement, I will mail you.
Erik