RE Gone Bad , No Wonder it's a Battle

Started by CDN-VT, October 06, 2016, 10:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN-VT

I started this on a Gents Boat thread when the solar seller store said WTH !!
I will copy my posting so he has his own thread (we will still help)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As with my comment of the "( WTF reply from seller is normal Island BS. ) "

You should see the RE BS that has hit the papers here , All ASIAN stuff , I can't read squat & it points NW , & then lets talk about the wind turbines , 20 feet tall beside the road . Total Joke , but the papers make it out to be the new future , GRID USER !!
I'll go & take a few PIX & post them .

Owner is upset & fired the installer & I was nosy & he wanted to hire me < Ya can't afford me to scrap the blunder ..
Oh YES WB , BC hydro incentive !!! all smart metered & no way for harvest or power production records .

VT , EX-BC hydro / Canadian .MIL CO

Im going to move this to the other area As I went & took pix of the setup.
They are powering the turbines , all at 1 rev / 2 sec .. ALL !! 20 to 35'  up in a industrial hub ..
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 10:09:48 PM by CDN-VT »
After move
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

CDN-VT

So the PIX of the building is me facing SOUTH as I can .(Wet Coast day )  The turbines are spinning at 1 rev /2 sec as I counted them ,(12 in total ,8 at 20' & 4 as you see at 35' high) .I was told that they are spinning from the wind , the the trees leaves were not moving ..

I asked the woman who said they make more power & BC Hydro pays them !!

See the trackers , been that way all summer As I have been inside & seen all asian stuff & not one CSA !! , Now id say (WTF) Grid connected

WB , watch the TV Telly BS from BC hydro who just did a film / interview of this place .
On #4 hwy just B4 coombs & Goats on the Roof .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

dgd

So you think these vertical turbines may actaually be powered and thats why they rotate. I suppose it depends on the turbine electronics if that can happen but I have seen similar turbines that will spin in the slightest puff.
The PVs look strange mounted so high on poles/trackers and all pointing in different directions. Maybe its just trackers confused on an overcast day and trying to locate an optimum position.
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

We saw those turbines at a show a few years ago, They had a small solar module on them as well and where spinning, I know for a fact they where spinning from the PV as the show we where at had 2 Jacobs turbines 100ft in the air and they where dead still. Nothing would surprise me in the wind market anymore
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

CDN-VT

Quote from: dgd on October 07, 2016, 01:13:29 AM
So you think these vertical turbines may actaually be powered and thats why they rotate. I suppose it depends on the turbine electronics if that can happen but I have seen similar turbines that will spin in the slightest puff.
The PVs look strange mounted so high on poles/trackers and all pointing in different directions. Maybe its just trackers confused on an overcast day and trying to locate an optimum position.
dgd
Those trackers have been like that for months & one or two do change but they are never in sync , plus one has been flat like it is since I first watched the building of this setup.
The turbines have been still for a few months also till yesterday is the first time I have seen them spinning  (I drive by twice a week & im nosy ) . The roof mounted solar panels are facing west north ,I had a compass & im north of the building facing south taking that roof shot .
I was inside that building in the early spring when the first tracker was installed with panels on it , that is when i pulled in & had a good look from the outside of the fence , I used binoculars so I could read the panels & then the owner came out & I said I was casing the joint ;) ..

We had a nice discussion and he showed me the complete setup, owner was very happy at that time , Later I find out he fired the Solar expert who has supplied all the hardware from China .
EVERYTHING was Asian æˆ'不能让任何è§,,范或看到什么控制谁ã€,æˆ'也注æ,,åˆ°ï¼Œæœ‰æ²¡æœ‰ä¸€ä¸ªSPD

i could not make out any specs or see what controlled who .I did notice that there was not one SPD .
I said that to the owner & he got his electrician to install one . (in the breaker box for the Grid tie)   
Im sure neither the owner or the Solar expert knew what i was recommending as in THE Midnight SPD ..

As for the spinning turbines , they were all the same speed  the tall ones below roof line were the same speed as the  8 beside the hwy4 .
The turbines Im use to seeing are prop style & they are never in sync with speed as the wind is not constant around buildings & beside the 50mph /80kms HWY.