Not recognizing batteries full with secondary charge source after dark

Started by DevoDave, June 04, 2014, 07:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevoDave

Hi guys,

When using the motors on my boat late in the day to get to an anchorage, power from the motor will often get the batteries up to ending amps.  I suspect that the midnite/WBBjr is not recognizing this as battery full (thus resetting to 100%).

Can you advise?

I also thought there was some discussion on a manual reset of battery full for the WBjr but can't find it.

TomW

DD;

Do your engine provided amps flow through the WBjr shunt?

It has to to be seen by the Classic / WBjr.

In case you are not aware of this.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

The Classic with WB Jr. ~should~ see the amp-hours coming into the battery from your generator and accumulate amp-hours back into the battery and bring the SOC % back up.  It won't reset to 100% from going from Absorb to Float because the Classic is not running at night BUT with the amp-hours coming back in from the generator and into the batteries, the SOC % should increase all the way up to 100% if you give it enough amperes and time.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

DevoDave

Alternator charging current is flowing through the shunt TomW...  thanks for the suggestion though.

I saw the SOC get to 99% but (unless I missed it) it did not get to 100% boB.

I would have liked to manually reset it to 100% and do the same to my Xantrex monitor at the same time to sync the two devices.  Possibly something you could consider?

boB

Quote from: DevoDave on June 05, 2014, 07:19:32 PM
Alternator charging current is flowing through the shunt TomW...  thanks for the suggestion though.

I saw the SOC get to 99% but (unless I missed it) it did not get to 100% boB.

I would have liked to manually reset it to 100% and do the same to my Xantrex monitor at the same time to sync the two devices.  Possibly something you could consider?

From the "MORE" WB Jr. status (soft-left key menu), hold down the left-arrow key and then hold the ENTER key for a second
and it should reset SOC to 100%   This is the menu that shows NET amp-hours and + and - lifetime A-Hour values
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

New KID On The Block

Quote from: boB on June 05, 2014, 11:19:44 PM
Quote from: DevoDave on June 05, 2014, 07:19:32 PM

From the "MORE" WB Jr. status (soft-left key menu), hold down the left-arrow key and then hold the ENTER key for a second
and it should reset SOC to 100%   This is the menu that shows NET amp-hours and + and - lifetime A-Hour values

Hi boB. Is there a comparable reset to 100% SOC procedure for the KID?

Thanks.

boB

Quote from: New KID On The Block on November 04, 2014, 03:44:59 PM

Hi boB. Is there a comparable reset to 100% SOC procedure for the KID?

Thanks.

Good question.  I don't know the answer to that either.  Will find out tomorrow.

Thanks,
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me