Phase 1, mostly complete

Started by Photowhit, June 27, 2013, 12:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: Photowhit on July 01, 2013, 02:28:26 AM
It's an E-Panel - Lite, I've rearranged the 'furniture' a bit. It is 25 tall, width, 9.4" I think the same as the one's made for an Outback inverter or DR-TR Xantrex inverter on the door.

You haven't had any problems with updating your classic's firmware have you? I can't get one of my units to accept the new firmware. I keep getting "com 8 in use or does not exist" on the second unit when I try to update. I've been sure the power was off to the unit, and I used a 12-18" USB cable (same one I used on the other) I even tried turning down the com speed.

USB speed won't make a difference.  Baud rate doesn't matter for virtual comm ports and windows.

Have you tried a completely different USB cable ?  Maybe one for a camera ?

you might also try to see if you can read the Classic's USB port data.  There is a thread on this
forum that shows how to do that somewhere here...

Looking at your post again, maybe it's a bad classic ?

Plug that Classic in and go to Control Panel and Devices and see if the Classic shows
up on the ports dialog.  It sill say CDC device I think.  If so, at least the Classic is talking
to windows.

OK, nevermind, I see you have already done that.  Better RMA it I guess.

Sorry about that !

Have you ever success
fully updated that particular Classic before ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Photowhit

Hi Ryan,

Yes, I did manage figure out the problem, with some help here(I think). The problem was the utility was hanging on the first CC. I had read that you had to wait past 100%, until it said Installation complete, and I waited a good bit past that point I think, I was multitasking and came back to the message, but with the windows open. I say that since once I uninstalled and reinstalled the utility, it worked first time on the 2nd unit, and after the install it closed the windows.

Now I'm having issues with the LocalStatusPanel, It again worked fine on the first CC and won't talk with the 2nd, I had intended to 'ping' it to see if the computer 'sees' it and it's a software issue, or if the computer isn't connecting at all. There is info in the Classic Lite section here;

http://midniteforum.com/index.php?topic=1269.0

and in the Local App thread here;
http://midniteforum.com/index.php?topic=322.new#new
Home system 20 - 200watt Evergreen, E-Panel, 2-Classic Lite 150s up and running and 14 Suntech 185watt panels, and another Classic Lite in a dark room. Cabin system 8-115watt 12V, 6 - 170-5watt 24v, Pulse/Trace PC250 Power Center, 800AH 24V forklift Batt, ProSine 1800 watt (24v) inverter.

SolarVet

Quote from: TomW on June 27, 2013, 02:19:47 PM
That system is entirely too neat.  ;D

Kidding. It looks beautiful. I lack the gene that enables neat wire discipline.  :o

Thanks for the share.

Tom

I'm glad to know, That I am not the only one that lacks this gene also...lol