News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

this guy is NUTS!

Started by Westbranch, January 12, 2011, 11:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westbranch

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

boB

WoW !

Beautiful falls !

Ya think he even climbs wind turbine towers ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

keyturbocars

Quote from: boB on January 13, 2011, 01:41:38 AM

Ya think he even climbs wind turbine towers ?

He probably likes to climb to the top of the big turbine towers, freefall and grab onto a moving blade, and then see how long he can hold on in a 40mph wind.  Then parachute to the ground after he gets bored.

That guy is either really BRAVE or really DUMB!  Amazing the things people do... and survive!  I guess I've done some dumb things too in life, but not quite that daring.  Now that I've got a wife and 7 children that somewhat depend on me, I've turned into a real weenie.  No more Evel Knievel stunts for me! :) 

Edward

keyturbocars

Speaking of nuts....

The trouble that some people will go to just to get longer hair!  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-w0FAATxQ

Edward

Halfcrazy

Ok here is another video for you guys. Any tower climbers will love it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC38ymgD01Y
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

niel

that's too high for my tastes. the cars look so small.

keyturbocars

That is too tall for my tastes too!  I once rented a Genie 34ft boom lift, and when I had it fully extended out in the open, it gave me butterflies in the stomach.  After using it on a project for a couple days, I got used to it.  I don't know if I could get used to 1100ft like on that video!

Edward

Halfcrazy

yeah but did you listen to the audio the guy with the camera was shaking it on purpose to show you how much it sways ;D ;D Here is a couple pictures the one looking at the car is from 80ft and the one looking out over the landscape is from 100ft on my ham radio tower. I think it is going to grow to 160ft this summer ::).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Halfcrazy

If you look close in this one you can see a red wind turbine with no blades this is my neighbors 17ft turbine we talk about here it is on a 80ft tilt up tower and we where using the body of it for weight to test the tower and winch.

Halfcrazy

And here is a picture of my 10 foot machine it is on a 75ft tilt up tower. I was around 70ft on my radio tower for this one.

keyturbocars

Ryan,

You do better at heights than I do!  With all those trees, I can see why you need to go up so high to get your turbines over the tree tops.

Edward