E-Panel plates for din rail AC and Panel mount DC breakers...

Started by Photowhit, January 09, 2013, 04:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photowhit

I hear din rail DC breakers with polarity will nolonger be accepted in NEC2014? So perhaps making/stocking up on plates to retro fit E-Panels for DC panel mount breakers where the DC Din rail has been in the past.
Home system 20 - 200watt Evergreen, E-Panel, 2-Classic Lite 150s up and running and 14 Suntech 185watt panels, and another Classic Lite in a dark room. Cabin system 8-115watt 12V, 6 - 170-5watt 24v, Pulse/Trace PC250 Power Center, 800AH 24V forklift Batt, ProSine 1800 watt (24v) inverter.

nigel

When I first read this on the 9th I refrained from posting a "really is that true" for the MNEPV din rail breakers
Expecting plenty of comments from other members. If it is correct then it affects quite a few products for all you NEC code compliant
regions. 

It seems a bit drastic and why have they done it ?

Halfcrazy

It does appear that the 2014 NEC will require dc breakers to be non polarity sensitive. Our panel mount breakers have already been fixed so they are no longer polarity sensitive. I fully suspect CBI to be able to do the same and I also expect no changes to our product line. Time will tell but CBI is committed to the industry. No worries though if for some strange reason we have to go to a different breaker we will do our best to make everything compatible.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

phonetic

In Australia our AS5033 standard (installation of PV arrays) from  1st Jan 2013.. DC breakers must be non polarised.
All PV Arrrys over 500watts & 50Voc cabling must be in HD contute, roof top isolaors for any PV array over 50 Voc. as per new AS5033 standards.
I guess safety is now a bid deal to protect DC arcing causing fires ??
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.