Dual Slider Bypass Questions

Started by Nashville, October 31, 2013, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville

Hello!
I have the dual slider bypass for the Eboxes. I never really asked, but is there any real advantage to this set up when using Outbacks, other than the convenience of one slider?

In the MS stacked Outback wiring diagram, which wires go to my house panel? The AC OUT or the AC IN? It gets confusing.

TomW

Quote from: Nashville on October 31, 2013, 03:42:28 PM
Hello!
I have the dual slider bypass for the Eboxes. I never really asked, but is there any real advantage to this set up when using Outbacks, other than the convenience of one slider?

In the MS stacked Outback wiring diagram, which wires go to my house panel? The AC OUT or the AC IN? It gets confusing.

When I did mine the AC OUT feeds loads (which could be fed through a breaker panel). The AC IN is from the grid fed breaker panel.

But then, I only ever did one so could be differences. "House Panel" could mean anything but in and out should be relative to the inverter / E-Panel.

I like the slider and I have 2 stacked FX2524's. Plus, if you need to swap out a failed unit the bypass slider is very nice compared to having to rewire a bypass while its being worked on.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Westbranch

We haven't hooked it (AC wiring) up yet but my electrician, I asked him to just not use it as my inverter has its own bypass switch, says it can be used to supply the house if the inverter needs to be serviced...  never thought of that, so we will do it his way...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Nashville

Quote from: TomW on October 31, 2013, 04:29:36 PM
Hello!

When I did mine the AC OUT feeds loads (which could be fed through a breaker panel). The AC IN is from the grid fed breaker panel.

But then, I only ever did one so could be differences. "House Panel" could mean anything but in and out should be relative to the inverter / E-Panel.

I like the slider and I have 2 stacked FX2524's. Plus, if you need to swap out a failed unit the bypass slider is very nice compared to having to rewire a bypass while its being worked on.

Tom

Mine is Grid Tie with battery backup. What I meant by house panel was, the original service entrance electric box from the grid to my house, not the MS E boxes.

Halfcrazy

I prefer the dual slider that way if you ever have to use it for whatever reason there is no chance of back feeding one of the inverters.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Westbranch

Ryan, which setup/posting are you referring to?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Halfcrazy

Hello!

This one. What I meant to say is I prefer the single slider with all the breakers in it vs the independent sliders.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time