News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Primus AIR30

Started by MountianComm, June 18, 2022, 02:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountianComm

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts about using a Primus AIR30 48V Wind turbine with either the KID or a CLassic 150?  My application is a telecommunications use. I have a solar only site that I am trying full proof before next winter.  I am looking at all my options.  Loads are going to be around 200-300 watts continuous.   I came across the Primus AIR30 built for high wind regions and specifically for my market application.   My obvious concern is high wind, over speed free wheeling etc.  What I have read is the AIR30 have a built in CC? would a clipper be necessary in this application?  Does anyone have any experience with the AIR30 turbine.

For those that are going to suggest, yes there are plans to install a propane genset, I already have a SW4048 to charge the batteries with.  However Propane storage is a bit tricky right now and limited (maybe only 100-150 gallons). thus why I am looking into other alternatives.

JIM

boB

This turbine has been around for a long time and they have been used with the Classic I know.

Not sure about the KID an this one though.

If nobody here has experience, you might try the Otherpower forum too.

https://www.fieldlines.com/

Lots of wind people there but they also lurk here so check back for sure.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wizbandit

I think this is what was left of the old South West Wind Power AIR403 and AIR-X series.  I have in the junk pile an AIR403 48V touted as a 400 watt wind turbine.  Never could get more than about 100 watts out of it.  There was a hack on the Internet to disable the onboard regulator to send raw voltage down the wires to use a charge controller, I did it and gained about 20 watts.  Very disappointing.  Probably the main reason SWWP went out of business.  This turbine needed a lot of wind to spin up and man did it make a lot of noise.