What's type of the logged data when exported to the PC.

Started by Thi Vu, December 14, 2015, 03:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thi Vu

Dear,

I run LocalStatusPanel software and exported the logged data to my PC (from Classic 150). Could i know what is the type of the logged data file ?

Thanks!

Resthome

Quote from: Thi Vu on December 14, 2015, 03:00:33 AM
Dear,

I run LocalStatusPanel software and exported the logged data to my PC (from Classic 150). Could i know what is the type of the logged data file ?

Thanks!

They are CSV files.

CSV stands for Comma Separated Values. Files that contain the .csv file extension are comma delimited files that contain separated database fields. These database fields have been exported into a format that contains a single line for each database record. The record is then divided and each field of the record that has been exported into a single line is separated by a comma.

Files with the .csv extension are very similar to plain text files. CSV files are commonly used to transfer data from one database or spreadsheet format to another. This allows individuals who do not run the same database applications to share database files between one another.

Microsoft Excel can be used to format these files.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Thi Vu

Hi,

This is file i exported from Classic 150. But when i open it, the data in the column is empty.
Could you pls. help me ?

Thanks!

atop8918

Export will only export what you have shown in the Chart. You must select the date and range and the data you want. When it appears in the chart, when you hit export it should export that data.

Resthome

Quote from: Thi Vu on December 17, 2015, 10:44:49 PM
Hi,

This is file i exported from Classic 150. But when i open it, the data in the column is empty.
Could you pls. help me ?

Thanks!

As Andrew said it looks like you have not selected the data points to graph. The data points shown on the graph is what is exported. Don't worry about not being able to read the graph when selection all the data points. Also the Local App (LA) has to be connected to the Classic and running to log this data. The LA  will only export the time period you have been connected to the Classic.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Thi Vu