Load coming on too late after Dusk

Started by soflooffgrid, October 21, 2015, 04:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soflooffgrid

Dear Knowledgeable forum mates,
I have my KIDD setup to a lighting load to come on at Dusk plus 4 hours.  The problem is that is comes on about 1 hour after what I would consider to be Dusk, and it's totally dark when it comes on.  Is there a way to program it so the load comes on earlier?  I'd rather not do specific times, but have the panel input sense it.

BTW there are no spotlights or other lights reflecting on the panels in the evening to confuse them.
What am I missing?
Thx
Todd
Small 12v off grid system in South Florida: (2) 230w panels into the KIDD into (2) Deka L16 6v batteries, 1kw puresine inverter, and (2) 60w HV panels into a BZ Products MPPT500 CC.

BobWhite

Hi Todd,
I have a few Kidds that I will be setting up soon I hope to do the same thing your trying to do, If  find something ill let you know! I surprised that with all that have taken the time to look at your post nobody has much to say! I am guessing that the light wont come on until the input drops to the point it puts the CC into resting for a period of time which could happen on a overcast day at noon. Just my opinion!
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono

Halfcrazy

Let me ask Mario to look at this, I know it comes on when input voltage is an amount less than battery voltage.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time