Classic lite update = no love

Started by Robcurtis, February 13, 2013, 06:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westbranch

just looked  and could not find it...

ADDD; on the CD that came with the CL150
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Halfcrazy

Ok I am back in from the dealer training this week. I plan to knock out a series of videos on this stuff and follow me in the next 2 weeks.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

SolarMusher

QuoteI plan to knock out a series of videos on this stuff and follow me in the next 2 weeks.
Ryan,
When talking about videos as documentations to replace good old paper, keep in mind that some people like me (I'm not alone being off-grid) can only have a limited satellite internet connection (even with a good plan) and are not able to watch these videos... :-[
So maybe there's a different way to make these videos smaller or less heavy that everyone could access. Pdf are more democratic.
Off-grid=satellite... Think about it.
Also if Midnite is sold worldwide, English is not spoken worldwide and a pdf could be translated easily.
Just me.
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Halfcrazy

Yes I agree and that's why I did the pdf documents for updating firmware. Maybe I can see if I can do that? The real issue is a lot of people need help with Routers and Port forwarding and that is an issue as there are hundreds of Routers out there.

Ryan

dgd

Quote from: plongson on February 14, 2013, 07:39:43 PM
I'm betting he will never see a word written here...long gone, never to return and frustrated from the sound of it.

Paul

looks like you win that bet .
Did MN support actually solve his problem and he got connected?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Robcurtis

I spent another hour on the phone with MN and no they did not solve the problem.

No I am not computer illiterate.

Yes I watched the video very carefully and did everything it recommended.

Robcurtis

Quote from: TomW on February 14, 2013, 08:11:33 PM
I'm betting he will never see a word written here...long gone, never to return and frustrated from the sound of it.
Paul

It seems with this post and a few others this thread became commentary on me instead of the problem.

Yep I'm frustrated and not really interested in wasting any more of my time.

plongson

Rob, let me give you a little advice.

1.) First if you do any networking, be ready to be frustrated. Unless you are a genius it's not gonn'a work the first time. If you get frustrated easy it might not be for you.
2.) Don't think anyone here is/was talking behind your back. You sounded like you would NEVER be back in the original post.
3.) And most important!! The folks at Midnite (Ryan, boB and others) will BEND OVER BACKWARDS to make your system WORK. Believe me, I've been there and they have gone the extra 10 miles to help. Even replied to my posts on this forum on Sunday on a holiday weekend.
4.) Don't get snoty just because your PO'd. This is more than an internet forum, it is a group of hard working folks just like the rest of us.

If you back off, loose the attitude and make nice you'll soon get more help than you ever expected.

Paul
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

dgd

Quote from: Robcurtis on February 26, 2013, 04:14:40 PM
Paul

It seems with this post and a few others this thread became commentary on me instead of the problem.

Yep I'm frustrated and not really interested in wasting any more of my time.

Rob,

good to see you back here..  you are correct the commentary was on you or more exactly on your terse messages.
It could not be about the problem because you decided not to discuss the problem.
Are you now ready to get this network issue resolved with help from those in this forum?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Robcurtis on February 26, 2013, 04:10:10 PM
I spent another hour on the phone with MN and no they did not solve the problem.

No I am not computer illiterate.

Yes I watched the video very carefully and did everything it recommended.

Rob
Please PM me who at MidNite you have racked up 3 hours on the phone with as it appears THEY may need training as well.

This is truly not that hard but Networking can be frustrating and you got off to a bad start trying to direct connect.

Here is what I tell people to do in the simplest terms.
1-Set the Classic Lite to Static IP in the 192.168.1.xxx range
2-Go to Wall-mart and buy a 20 dollar router and plug it into AC power
3-Plug a standard Ethernet cable between the router and Classic
4-Connect the PC to the router either wireless or wired.
5-Open the Local APP and it should find the Classic

I realize this is a VERY simplified explanation and there are variables. For instance if the Router is used it may not be set to 192.168.1.xxx it may be set to 192.168.2.xxx for instance and the mess will not work.

Please feel free to call and ask for me personally and I WILL get you going.

Ryan

Robcurtis

It's not the messages that are Terse, it is the writer of the messages.
Thanks Ryan, I will call you.
Busy at the moment.

dgd

So with Ryan's help, when you get  the network problem resolved,  please post  a message detailing what the problem was.
This could be useful info for others who experience similar issues..

dgd

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Robcurtis on February 27, 2013, 04:13:21 AM
It's not the messages that are Terse, it is the writer of the messages.
Thanks Ryan, I will call you.
Busy at the moment.

Just for reference I am out of the office today so Thursday I will be back 8-5EST unless needed outside that. Make sure to ask for me and get me as I have a feeling we may have a few good hearted people trying to help but...