Local App 3.10 Bugs

Started by crunnells, December 24, 2012, 07:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Quote from: crunnells on January 14, 2013, 06:49:14 PM
I've also noticed issues on the Classic (with the 12/2012 firmware) where if you go into the hourly logs, it doesn't cycle thru the hourly data correctly. Similar to what Tom just reported, it occasionally displays the wrong information for the field you're looking at (and it's obviously showing data from another field: e.g. showing max PV voltage as max battery voltage, etc.
I report this also back in early December in another post.

"On the MNGP 1041 and Classic 1181 firmware I see times when the Daily History by day does not always update the display to show the correct data for the Index. This seems to be pretty repeatable if you fast scroll and then stop on an index. That index data may not show the correct data for that index."

Don't think it has anything to do with the Local App, it seems like the display just doesn't get refreshed with the correct index (date) data, but you never know.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

BobL

MNGP: 1042, Classic: 1181, one Classic, three Classic Lites.

I originally had my system configured with DHCP but as others have mentioned everytime I tried to enter the password for one of my controllers the controller would reset, dropping its network connection, and being issued another IP one greater than the last.  I have since changed to static addressing.   My initial static IP scheme was to use 192.168.1.151 to .154.  Our units are numbered 10, 11, 12 and 13.  Once I got this all working I decided to change the numbering to 192.168.1.210 .. .213, 200 plus the unit number, for consistency.

Well these 4 controllers show up in the Local App quite readily with green balloons showing solid connection.  These charge controllers were named West, Mid, Awning, and East (10, 11, 12, and 13 respectively).  So this is all well and good.

My problem is that there are other ghosts showing up on the primary display that eventually show "Device Not Available".  Well there are no other controllers on my network.

It gets stranger.  Right now I am showing 3 ghosts.  And they show IPs similar to my original .151-.154 numbers.  And even stranger the one showing an IP of 192.168.1.252 shows a DI of DAE1 C93C which is in fact the DI of my unit named, Mid, at 192.168.1.211.  This is in fact the unit that briefly was assigned an IP of 192.168.1.252 when I did my initial changeover from DHCP to Static addressing.

So somewhere this old information is being stored and retrieved.  I don't know if this old data is coming from the controllers themselves or if it is being stored and retrieved by the Local App itself.  Either way it is annoying.  I have checked each Classic with the one MNGP on the system and they correctly show their present IP addresses.

I have attached a .jpg showing these ghostly entries.  (This being my first real post I am unsure if attaching a .jpg is the proper way to include a picture.  The Insert Image button did not behave the way I expected so I chose to use the attach file mechanism instead.)

While I am here this is my wish list for Local App enhancements:
1) A graphics dashboard showing the combined output of my four Classics.
2) A way to sort the order of the Classics, by name, on the opening screen.

Otherwise it is so cool being able to survey our solar power system from the comfort of my office!

Thanks,

BobL

Halfcrazy

The Ghosts are cached instances of connections to the classics. The local app remembers them for a while to expedite connection. There are a couple things you can do. One would be to turn of Auto detect and enter the data manually. Or the simpler solution is to disconnect the PC from the network temporarily and open the app wait for all instances to fail. Close the app and then re open it and wait for anything to fail and close it again. Now if you reconnect to the network and reopen it it should have cleared its memory.

Of course they should just go away on there own after a few failed attempts as well.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

BobL

Thanks Ryan that did the trick.