Problems with output amps

Started by Simonbr, June 18, 2022, 01:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonbr

Quote from: Vic on July 09, 2022, 05:10:03 PM
Hi Simon,

Many folks say, that in full sun, with PVs at right angles to the sun, and reasonable outside temps,  that one can expect PVs to yield about 77% of rated (STC) power (Amorphous PVs would have a considerably lower output power).

In the specs for your PVs, there should be ratings for Normal Operating Cell Temperature (NOCT), which, generally  is not a bad guide on what to expect for more typical sun/wind/temps, etc.

As you know, STC conditions are measured with cell temp at 25 C, and exactly 1kW per sq meter of flashtube illunimation.

Haze and humidity can reduce the illunimation,  yet, often, the sun appears to be fully-bright, etc.

FWIW, people say ...    Vic

So i guess its normal that you don't get full specs and also normal that it fluctuates depending on the sun and its angle.

I have one of the data sheets but it doesn't have anything about NOCT, it does have NMOT and the Vmpp that is at 33.27v, which makes sense for my 2 in series and the voltage drop with the length of PV cable I have. Does that make sense that this is the actual maximum voltage?

https://www.q-cells.us/dam/jcr:c622cdbc-dfce-4f64-ba84-82fc687b1118/Q_CELLS_Data_sheet_Q.PEAK_DUO_BLK-G8+_335-350_2020-07_Rev02_NA.pdf