Just an "Atta Boy"...

Started by plongson, April 10, 2012, 07:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plongson

The more I use my classic 250 the more it amazes me. This is one slick little unit! In the beginning I was (and still just a bit) intimidated about going through the menu layers. But once you get a use to it, it will do things you can only dream of.

Here is a "Pat on the back" Midnite...you ROCK!

I still want to monitor it remotely from the internet, but I'm sure it will come.

Paul
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

Thank you Paul !   It's good to hear this kind of feedback !

We are working on more features to make it even more slick.

Thanks again !
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

I very much agree with Paul.

The Classic CCs have a very rich set of functions that are very useful,  allowing one to set things for optimum battery charging. Infinitely flexible,  and the Menues are very intuitive.  The two extra navigation keys,  that reduce the number of key-presses required to move to different menues or within a menu  are  very nice!

And the Classic,  with its four-line LCD display requiers many fewer key presses to get to information.  Some other mfgs cheap out,  using a two line display,  or even worse,  flashing light codes.

Very nice work boB,  Robin and crew.  You folks did a great job on the MX-60,  and you have made a large improvements and extensions with the Classic series.

A very fine product.  Thanks Midnite!   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

PKsolar

You guys are way to nice offering to send a new Classic. I'll try Bob's suggestion first, tomorrow -with the internal relay and see if I hear any switch clicking. I hope we can do something with out pulling off the whole charger and sending it back. I hate waste! I do want a second aux output however and was saving the one on the inverter for the future. So if I must, I will do what you suggest, but if it's anything I can replace on my end, all that much better.

I love your products no matter how long it takes me to get it all right.

Thanks,
PK
10 Evergreen 215, 150 Classic, 48V (8x US Battery 400AH), MNPV Disco; Plus original system - 10 Evergreen, Fronius 2000 grid tie. 2014 added KID, Exeltech 1KW inverter, 12V (2 6V US Battery 400AH) to run garage. Classic 200 w 8 x 285 Solar World in Follow me mode.

Robin

You can already monitor quite a few things over the internet. Download our Local App. We will be testing two way communications over the internet next week. This will also come in the local app once we get the bugs out of it.
Robin Gudgel