12v 120v Relay?

Started by n00bs0lar, March 27, 2012, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n00bs0lar

Hello Again,

Wondering if anyone knows of a relay the classic could activate @12vdc 200ma that would close a 120v AC relay? I'm trying to use the classics AUX output function to drive my 120v AC input to my inverter to charge my battery bank.

Example: Using the "Pv V on Low" (This Mode will turn Aux 1 off above a user set voltage based on the input voltage to the Classic ( V High) and turn Aux 1 on when it hits a low voltage set point (V Low). It also allows you to set a delay time in seconds the Classic will wait before turning Aux 1 off after reaching the V High set point. It also allows you to set a hold time in seconds the Classic will wait before turning Aux 1 on after reaching the V Low set point. This mode can be useful for controlling a failsafe stopping system for Hydro or Wind.)

I could set the AC input to start/charge when my batteries reached a certain lower voltage.

boB

There would be lots of relays that could work for this.

If necessary, you could also run one smaller relay to engage a second relay that
turns on the AC to the inverter.

Here's an example of one relay I found on Digikey.  It's only 16 amps AC contact rating and
33 milli amp coil current spec.   Maybe not high enough contact rating for your application.

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/RTD34012/PB984-ND/1095361

Have you checked Grainger ?  They also have some relays that might work OK.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

n00bs0lar

Thanks, boB

I hadn't heard of Grainger before, looks like the spot for relays....Thanks.