LEDs not working after FW update

Started by dRdoS7, February 04, 2013, 05:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dRdoS7

Hi,

I just did a FW update, first "MidNiteSolarSetup_12-1-2012_v3.59" then, because the LEDs weren't working, "MidNiteSolarSetup_12-11-2012_v3.60". Still not working. I did a "VMM" each time and changed the settings for Aux1 & Aux2. Aux1 works as it's supposed to, Aux2 isn't connected as yet.

The LEDs are set to "Rick Mode", as they were before. The LEDs on the Local Panel are indicating OK. The LEDs on the MNGP work OK when I use "Blinky Mode".

The reason for updating was because I had a couple of resets of the kwH reading to zero during the last week or two. The battery voltage went to 58.2 (setting is 57.2) on one day. Float went to 55.4 (54.4 set point). Though it was all working OK previously. I thought I may as well update FW if I was doing a reset anyway.

Previous FW was "MidNiteSolarSetup_11-30-2012_v3.58".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

dRdoS7

PS. Lifetime Values Amp Hours:  429,493,724.5 (I think I saw this mentioned in another post, although I thought it was fixed.)

PPS. Attached exported "Offline" readings.

PPPS. Forgot to mention details:

Classic 200V (rev 4)   
Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1181
- Network Rev: 1122

MNGP: 1042

boB

For the LEDs on the Classic behind the air vents to flash when Aux 1 or Aux 2 are active, try LED MODE 1.

The MNGP display should say AUX1 or AUX2 when they go active as well.

As for the 0's on the logging output, I see your CSV output has several of them.
I am wondering if that has something to do with the Local App or not ?
I just downloaded another Classic's off line data and saw very few, if any
0s on its output.  I will talk with Ryan about this but it certainly looked
as though the Classic was doing multiple resets on some nights as evidenced
by those 0 kW-hour holes in the output.  Let's see if the newer version you just
updated your Classic to helps this.

I believe there should be a new Local App available soon.  The one I am currently
testing out  has the date stamp rather than an index number on the left
side column.  That will be a nice enhancement all by itself.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

Quote from: dRdoS7 on February 04, 2013, 05:21:49 PM
The LEDs are set to "Rick Mode", as they were before.

How embarrassment!!!

One more press of the "Up" button. "Missed it by that much."

Guess they were in "LED 1" mode previously. Must be Alzheimer's (possibly) or not RTFM (more likely).

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

ClassicCrazy

Is it possible the voltage setpoints you were watching were different because of temperature compensation ?  If the battery temperature is colder via the sensor , then the voltage setpoint will be higher than what you had initially programmed into the controller.
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

dRdoS7

Hi,
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 11, 2013, 01:18:31 PM
Is it possible the voltage setpoints you were watching were different because of temperature compensation ?  If the battery temperature is colder via the sensor , then the voltage setpoint will be higher than what you had initially programmed into the controller.

No, just forgot there's more LED settings available!

dRdoS7