150 Data Erase

Started by MikeJ, November 27, 2012, 06:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgd

Quote from: boB on December 01, 2012, 06:05:19 PM

No can of worms !  You opened up a can of putty !

I am glad that people are finally using the USB output feature !

The cream on the raspberry pi would be the command to dump out (stream) the complete contents of the log file. iMHO.
Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

TomW

Quote from: dgd on December 01, 2012, 10:10:46 PM
The cream on the raspberry pi would be the command to dump out (stream) the complete contents of the log file. iMHO.
Dgd

Speaking of the Pi.

Got my power supply and cable today for my Pi watching the Classics' USB data stream into it. Will be installing the 1181 update with it tomorrow, I hope.

Neat little device I have waited most of a year for.

root@raspberrypi:~/MIDNITE/1181# uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 3.2.27+ #250 PREEMPT Thu Oct 18 19:03:02 BST 2012 armv6l GNU/Linux

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dgd

Quote from: TomW on December 01, 2012, 10:26:39 PM

Speaking of the Pi.

Got my power supply and cable today for my Pi watching the Classics' USB data stream into it. Will be installing the 1181 update with it tomorrow, I hope.

Neat little device I have waited most of a year

The pi works well from a cellphone charger. The classic data streaming is perfect, I'm just getting a nice graphics display together to do a local app type display, except I want a dash that is the real deal - Porsche 991  :)
Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

boB

No can of worms !  You opened up a can of putty !

I am glad that people are finally using the USB output feature !

Dgd

WILL make this happen !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Quote from: boB on December 02, 2012, 04:44:27 AM

Dgd

WILL make this happen !

Great!  Gcc  compiler and graph lib at the ready  :)
Dgd

MikeJ

Geeks are what make the world go around !!

ClassicCrazy

I am trying to reset the amp hours on Classic 150  . Got a Windows terminal program to read the mode 0 and it spits out lots of data. Then I changed to Mode 3 and data stops. I type in the reset Logs all ( is that line case sensitive ?) and don't see anything come back on the screen.

Maybe my terminal program hears but doesn't talk to it.

I will try another program. 

Not sure if this is related but when I first went to Misc Comm menu I accidently changed MNGP address - is the default supposed to be 112 ? Seems like I can see everything on MNGP display okay.

Larry

Quote from: boB on November 28, 2012, 10:10:59 PM
Well, it turns out that there IS a way to erase the Logs  and the Lifetime kW-Hours and amp-Hours...
But you have to use the USB connection and a terminal emulator of some sort.  There are all
sorts of these floating around the internet of course. 

Now, when the Classic is running, go into the MNGP  MISC menu and then to the COMM
sub menu.  Highlight the center USB Mode choice and change it to mode 3 which is
labelled "interactive"...   Actually, to first test the connection, you might want to
set that mode to like, 0 or 1 so that the Classic spits out information to your
PC and terminal emulator.  With the Midnite Update drivers installed, it should
be live on COM 8 and outputting some CSV data in ASCII.

So, now, if you are receiving the characters from the Classic, set that USB mode
to 3 and the terminal screen should be just sitting there.

To erase all of the Daily and Minutely (recent history) logs, type this and then ENTER (return)...

"reset Logs All"  (without the quotes)  and watch and wait as a bunch of numerals roll
by...  It takes just a minute and when it is done, the terminal will show "OK"

To erase the Lifetime kW-Hours and amp-Hours type this and then ENTER (return)

"reset Logs kW-Hours"    (w/o quotes)

boB
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Finally got it after spending a few hours trying every terminal program I could find , and experimenting with terminal programs on my aprs weather station, which also would spit out data but I couldn't type in commands - that is till I hit Control C and got a command prompt. I tried that on the Classic but no command prompt but also tried those reset commands again this time with proper Case - and it finally worked . So yeah it probably is case sensitive ! Now I have the 4 million amp hours or whatever it said back to zero. 

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on December 30, 2012, 02:47:37 PM
I am trying to reset the amp hours on Classic 150  . Got a Windows terminal program to read the mode 0 and it spits out lots of data. Then I changed to Mode 3 and data stops. I type in the reset Logs all ( is that line case sensitive ?) and don't see anything come back on the screen.

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Excellent, Classic Crazy !

Yeah, should probably add a command prompt and also a help screen some time

Glad it finally worked !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

I have a Classic 200 my amps reading is -25,079. I installed Termite and connected OK to the Classic. Got data OK with comms setting 0, disconnected, changed to comms setting 3. Typed (actually copied and pasted) "reset Logs kW-Hours"    (w/o quotes). Got a load of zeros across the screen. I do get the zeros when I press return without any text entered. I checked the Classic still have -25079.

Any ideas? Wait 7 years for amps to go to zero? :P

Are there any other commands I can try to check the Classic is receiving OK? I don't want to erase all my logs.

Thanks,

dRdoS7

PS. I should have probably mentioned I have latest beta FW and LocalApp.

Resthome

Quote from: dRdoS7 on March 19, 2013, 01:59:54 AM
Hi,

I have a Classic 200 my amps reading is -25,079. I installed Termite and connected OK to the Classic. Got data OK with comms setting 0, disconnected, changed to comms setting 3. Typed (actually copied and pasted) "reset Logs kW-Hours"    (w/o quotes). Got a load of zeros across the screen. I do get the zeros when I press return without any text entered. I checked the Classic still have -25079.

Any ideas? Wait 7 years for amps to go to zero? :P

Are there any other commands I can try to check the Classic is receiving OK? I don't want to erase all my logs.

Thanks,

dRdoS7

PS. I should have probably mentioned I have latest beta FW and LocalApp.a

It looks like you might have the wrong baud rate. Try setting it 9600 baud.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA