Bigboomer ' s Mobile Off Grid RV System Sioux Falls, SD

Started by Bigboomer, September 06, 2014, 04:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigboomer

As full time RVers we wanted to design and built a complete Solar and Wind system so that we can boondock for long periods at time.  Other than water and propane we are self sufficient. Our next project is to design and build a solar water heating system.

Here is a link to some pics: http://s962.photobucket.com/user/mybigboomer/library/RV%20Solar%20System

TomW

Looks nice. I would be concerned with the panel racks not being anchored in case of wind. Would hate to see your power source tipping over and getting air time and smashing the panels.

Nice to not need a Power Bush when out in the RV!

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Bigboomer

Thanks Tom. Actually the panels are anchored down from each corner into the ground. When we anchored are on hard surfaces I use a couple of hundred steel plates at each corner. We have had the panel rack subjected to over 60 mph winds with no issue.

Drifty1

Hi Les, just wanted to say nice system that works great in that AZ sun.. We will see you in Quartzsite this winter at the Circling of the Montana's..