Strange EQ start with FW1181

Started by SolarMusher, March 24, 2013, 08:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarMusher

Hi boB,
Same problem on beta/FW 3-1-13
This evening, I was on float when I have decreased Abs Time a little and increased EA, clicked Enter and Back to main screen: the classic was starting an EQ on its own.
Is there something about it in the last beta today?
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

boB

Quote from: SolarMusher on April 08, 2013, 05:53:55 PM
Hi boB,
This evening, I was on float when I have decreased Abs Time a little and increased EA, clicked Enter and Back to main screen: the classic was starting an EQ on its own.
Erik

Thanks Musher.  This is good information for me to check into.

Nothing in the latest beta code from today about this but with your new info,
maybe there will be before this new stuff is released ??

boB

PS...   What was the approximate Absorb time and EA when you did this ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SolarMusher

Quote from: boB on April 08, 2013, 11:04:25 PM
Quote from: SolarMusher on April 08, 2013, 05:53:55 PM
Hi boB,
Erik

Thanks Musher.  This is good information for me to check into.

Nothing in the latest beta code from today about this but with your new info,
maybe there will be before this new stuff is released ??

boB

PS...   What was the approximate Absorb time and EA when you did this ?

Allo boB,
I changed Abs time from 3hr to 2hr30=> Enter =>back to EA, increase from 9A to 9.3A=>Enter=>Main menu=>Main menu=> Status.
The Classic started to EQ only one time after these changes were made.
I'm going to update to the last beta if that can help Andrew with mymidnite.
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

SolarMusher

Hi boB,
I've installed several Classic this summer and all seems to have the same EQ problem than mine even with recent firmware.
The last time I was showing my custommer how to start an EQ on Classic and pressed the EQ button (not the up Arrow) it started by itself. Also, it's not that simple to modify EQ time setting, Classic only takes EQ length change on the next EQ cycle. I tried to explain him that the Classic works that way and that he has to be aware about it until a new FW fix it... but I was a little uncomfortable  ::). It's not a real problem for experienced users but I would not bet that it would be the same for a newby.
Thanks,
Erik

boB

Quote from: SolarMusher on October 23, 2013, 06:21:35 PM
Hi boB,
I've installed several Classic this summer and all seems to have the same EQ problem than mine even with recent firmware.
The last time I was showing my custommer how to start an EQ on Classic and pressed the EQ button (not the up Arrow) it started by itself. Also, it's not that simple to modify EQ time setting, Classic only takes EQ length change on the next EQ cycle. I tried to explain him that the Classic works that way and that he has to be aware about it until a new FW fix it... but I was a little uncomfortable  ::). It's not a real problem for experienced users but I would not bet that it would be the same for a newby.
Thanks,
Erik

Thanks Erik.   We will put this on the todo list for making it easier to use.

Sorry, I just now saw this post.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SolarMusher