Aux1 Delay & Hold times swapped?

Started by dRdoS7, October 26, 2013, 09:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dRdoS7

Hi,

I have Aux1 set as Diversion, with On set at 54v and off set as 49.8v. I have 600 for Delay and 120 for Hold. It appears that the time settings for Delay and Hold times are swapped. I found that it switched on after about 2 mins and off after about 9 mins. I wanted to attach the log for yesterday but it's too big. I haven't gone back in the logs to see when this change occurred. I am sure it was correct in earlier FW.

I also found the following in the log:

Cell ref in b4 is =(B5/1000 + $B$2*60*60)/86400 + 25569 (each cell ref is for the one below).

An export of the graph from yesterday resulted in data from 00:00:05 on that day until the current time (09:30) today.

Thanks,

dRdoS7

boB

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying.    (Reference..." I have 600 for Delay and 120 for Hold")

Do you mean that you saw 120 for delay and  600 for hold in the Local App ?

Or were you looking at exported logs from the Local App and seeing a delay of
diversion onset (reduction in voltage) that was waiting 120 and staying 600
from the graph ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

What I was trying to say was:

Aux1 is switching on at 54v (actually 53.9v) after 120 secs (actually about 2.5 mins.). Delay is set at 600.
Aux1 switches off at 49.8v after 600 secs (actually about 9 mins.). Hold is set at 120.

I rechecked the log for last night, and I was wrong about the Off time. I missed where the voltage dropped to 49.7 for 1:58. Sorry about that!

I recheck the log for this morning and the On time is definitely shorter, at 2:38, than the 600 seconds it's set for.

I have attached the latter as an xls file. I have removed non-relevant rows to reduce the size. The cell A1 is the time diff between the first 53.9 and the last, when Aux1 went On and the voltage dropped.

Cell A4 & A5 I have left with the original cell references to show how it refers to B5 and B6.

I realised after I posted that I wrote:

QuoteCell ref in b4 is =(B5/1000 + $B$2*60*60)/86400 + 25569 (each cell ref is for the one below).

instead of:

QuoteCell ref in A4 is =(B5/1000 + $B$2*60*60)/86400 + 25569 (each cell ref is for the one below).

I also noticed in the exported file from yesterday that:
at 26/10/2013 23:50:07 cell B42903 =(B42904/1000 + $B$2*60*60)/86400 + 25569
then
at 27/10/2013 00:00:05 cell B42904 =(B42905/1000 + $B$2*60*60)/86400 + 25569
and then
at 26/10/2013 00:00:09 cell B42905 =(B5/1000 + $B$2*60*60)/86400 + 25569

Yesterday's log continued on to 26/10/2013 09:26:19, which was about the time I exported it.

I forgot to mention:

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1549
- Network Rev: 1547
- MGNP Rev: 1552

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

boB

I am trying to make sense of the data.   What I see is the battery voltage changing from 50 volts to 54 volts (I rounded)
from one sample to the next sample 2 seconds later.  These are from the first few samples of your XLS file.

I plotted battery voltage and battery current which should be showing something.  I do see a steady rise in
current though but not a large amount, maybe an amp or two.

What happens if you try setting the delay and hold times to shorter numbers like, just a few seconds ?

I think that the Local App should be able to capture some other data so we can also see where
the Aux 1 outputs are ON and OFF.

Right now I am going to check my Classic here at home.  Working from the easy chair today but I have
a Classic next to me.

boB

I just checked mine here with 3 seconds delay and 10 seconds hold (Aux 1 diversion) and the Aux is appearing
to behave itself...  Here anyway.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

The first 2 rows of the log data are only there to show that the cells (A4 & A5) refer to the row below (B5 & B6) instead of the same row (B4 & B5). The formulas in cells from A6 to A86 have been edited to point to the B cell on the same row.

I deleted the rows between 00:00:07 and 08:43:53 so as to make the file smaller. Same with the rows after 86.

The 3rd row is the last row before the voltage is at Aux1 On setpoint (54v).

The 4th row is when it reaches SP, but appears to be using 53.9v, not 54v.

The following rows, to 85, show at SP.

Row 86 show volts dropping to 53.6 (Aux1 is now On).

Cell A1 contains the formula for the length of time it was at SP.

I will check my log for yesterday when I get home tonight.

I double checked the MNGP, that has 600 set for Delay, as has the LocalApp. I may try changing that setting on the MNGP to 60 when I get home to see if it does switch On after 60 tomorrow morning.

Maybe I should have done that before I posted!!!

Have you noticed that if you export yesterdays data, that you get todays as well?

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

dRdoS7

Hi,

I noticed this morning at work that MyMidnite is slightly more than one hour behind the current time. We are in Daylight Saving Time so I don't know if I changed the time 1 hr forward on the Classic. I thought I had, along with the clocks, the PCs of course update themselves.It's been 3 weeks since DST and I just noticed it today.

I was looking at the times in my Inverter log (time set by PC) for when it switched to battery (controlled by Aux1 cutting the grid supply off). That's the times I have been looking for in the MN logs. I am using "11" for UTC timezone Offset.

I will check the time on the Classic tonight when I get home.

I have found that if I export a graph from LocalApp, when it's set to "Hour", it will export the whole day. If it's set to "Week" it does only export the week.

dRdoS7.

boB

Quote from: dRdoS7 on October 28, 2013, 07:09:21 PM
Hi,

I noticed this morning at work that MyMidnite is slightly more than one hour behind the current time. We are in Daylight Saving Time so I don't know if I changed the time 1 hr forward on the Classic. I thought I had, along with the clocks, the PCs of course update themselves.It's been 3 weeks since DST and I just noticed it today.

I was looking at the times in my Inverter log (time set by PC) for when it switched to battery (controlled by Aux1 cutting the grid supply off). That's the times I have been looking for in the MN logs. I am using "11" for UTC timezone Offset.

I will check the time on the Classic tonight when I get home.

I have found that if I export a graph from LocalApp, when it's set to "Hour", it will export the whole day. If it's set to "Week" it does only export the week.

dRdoS7.

OK, we will note the export thing for week and hour and see if we can replicate here.  Most likely can.

Will also look at your data again.  BTW, maybe you want to try setting diversion SP to 54.1V ?  Or is that 53.9V ?

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

I found out about 2 weeks ago that one of my 260Ah (4 * 12v in series) batteries was faulty. I had set the delay to 600 when I first set up my system last year, after watching the voltages. This was to try and prevent a "cycling" on and off of the inverter in the morning and evening.

I checked each battery daily, for about a month after the install and hadn't checked again until last month. What I thought was just the weather, and slow reduction in solar since April, was really just that one battery wasn't accepting much charge. Causing the whole system to only produce what we were using, with very little back-up capacity.

Now that the bad battery has been replaced I am thinking I can set the Delay down to a shorter figure. I will try 300.

Thanks,

dRdoS7

dRdoS7

Hi,

Quote from: dRdoS7 on October 28, 2013, 07:09:21 PM

I just checked the time on the MNGP and it's set to the correct time (19:42). MyMidite is showing 18:36 (at the last reading). MyMidnite appears to be updating OK, at about 10 minute intervals. It just updated to 18:45.

The PC running LocalApp also had the same time as the MNGP.

dRdoS7.