My MidNite Alpha testing (OLD MY MIDNITE IS NOW LIVE)

Started by Halfcrazy, May 03, 2013, 08:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

So we are ready to open this up to some Alpha testing. I would ask that you keep all Questions, Comments and suggestions in the Child board here please. I will start a few topics that hopefully will fill the needs of this testing. So go to this URL and set up an acount. Then you can go to the management tab and add new Classics.

http://mymidnite.com/?q=user

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

onyxbb

When I try to sign up this is what I'm getting... The values you have entered are not a valid MAC/Device ID combination. How do I fix this?
On the beach in Barbados :)

Halfcrazy

Where did you get the Mac address and Device ID? If it was from the Local App the DI may be off? If this is a Classic grab it from the MNGP if it is a lite than I can get it for you if you PM me the Serial #.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Lya72

If it can help :
Quoteafter copying litteraly the values shown on the MNGP screen for the Mac Address and the device ID (remember to put the ":" and the spaces), then you hit the "Create new account" button.
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Vern Faulkner

Logged in, got the system working -ish. Incomplete data, but there was data. I accidentally went to the user account edit screen, went back, and now the device I registered isn't there - but it won't let me add the device again, as it says it's in the system.

atop8918

Hi, Vern,
Please send me the device ID of your missing classic as well as the browser name and version number (usually in the Help menu).

Thanks!

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: atop8918 on June 11, 2013, 12:23:57 AM
Hi, Vern,
Please send me the device ID of your missing classic as well as the browser name and version number (usually in the Help menu).

Thanks!

9A4E 2C38
Classic 150
Chrome Version 27.0.1453.110 m on Windows Vista; and also on Firefox 21.0 on Vista with a fresh (first-time) login.
User 149, if that helps.

atop8918

Thank you, Vern
You should have your Classic back in the unassigned system.

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: atop8918 on June 12, 2013, 08:17:15 AM
Thank you, Vern
You should have your Classic back in the unassigned system.

Yep. Thanks.

dgd

So how long is the MyMidnite web site going to be down for 'Maintenance'??
It looks somewhat suspicious that the broken Under maintenance graphic is linked to some  development site in Indonesia
that contains the biggest load of gobbledigook . It sure looks like some quasi hackers disguise with some BS 'explanations' of what they are about.
Must go and check that its not my isp that has been hacked >:(

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

atop8918

The site will be down for about a week while I finalize some of the backend scripting. Unfortunately this can't be done while the site is live.

The maintenance page is the raw one straight from the theme that I chose for mymidnite. There hasn't been a need to update it and I can't afford the time to do it at the moment. The MyMidNite theme is a Drupal subtheme of Dnaland produced by Dansoft:

http://www.danetsoft.com/

They are based in Indonesia and do a lot of development for Drupal (www.drupal.org). That gobbledygook is Drupalspeak and is what I spend my life up to the eyeballs in. Now you understand my pain.....

dgd

Quote from: atop8918 on July 23, 2013, 06:38:36 PM
The site will be down for about a week while I finalize some of the backend scripting. Unfortunately this can't be done while the site is live.

Wow! thats a very long outage. I also see that the very useful node/14 and node/15 displays are unavailable as well.
Are any of the suggestions for changes/improvements been implemented? when mymidnite returns?  If the node/14 and 15 displays are permanently gone then have they been integrated as a display option to the graphics windows?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

atop8918

Node 14 and 15 will have to be removed I'm afraid. There is now a data download option so you can get the raw tabulated data from the site.

I have added all the features that we had on our release list  since we need to get out of Beta and let everyone use the site.

I will be adding features as time goes on but we won't possibly be able to fulfill all requests. This site is my baby and I'd love to spend all my time on it but it doesn't directly earn any income -- it doesn't even pay for my salary so I have to make up the time doing "real" work. *sigh*

Lya72

Hi,

During this interruption, is-it possible to download our datas ??

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

atop8918

Hi, Yann.
I'm afraid the site is otherwise completely inoperable. I apologize for the downtime.

On the plus side 12 out of a lucky 13 scripts are done, tested, and seem to be doing what they are supposed to do. 1 left and then I can go live again.

Thanks!
-A