Power meter scale magic reset

Started by toothy, July 07, 2013, 04:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toothy

This may be a simple question but here goes.

Every time I close the local app the power scales on all 3 controllers reverts to 5k upon restart.
I reset them to the correct scales, a 1,2 and 3k, and push the arrow and it says saved, but when I start the app again all are back at 5k. What am I missing?

It's not really a big deal but making 500 watts is more exciting on a 1k scale than a 5k, call me goofy.

Thanks
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Resthome

Quote from: toothy on July 07, 2013, 04:46:11 AM

Every time I close the local app the power scales on all 3 controllers reverts to 5k upon restart.
I reset them to the correct scales, a 1,2 and 3k, and push the arrow and it says saved, but when I start the app again all are back at 5k. What am I missing?

It's not really a big deal but making 500 watts is more exciting on a 1k scale than a 5k, call me goofy.

Thanks
Wade

What version of the App are you running? Saw this issue on earlier versions of the App but the latest beta version seem to have corrected this for me.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

TomW

As Resthome said, this was an issue in older versions that is fixed now as far as I can tell.

I think the latest is Application Version 0.3.24 and this issue is not present.

Open the App, upper left click on Application and then about. This window has a check for updates option. Click that to get the freshest version.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

toothy

Thanks for the thoughts gentlemen, however that is not it. About, in the upper left corner says "Application Version 0.3.24" and I checked for updates and it says no updates available. I figure I have something checked or unchecked in error.

Thanks
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

toothy

One other observation, in the config box they stay on the correct scale but the power dial reverts to 5k.

Wade

toothy

Now the 2k power scale seems to be holding on one Classic, but the 1k and 3k Classics are still reverting. I have reset them multiple times.

Wade

atop8918

Hi, guys,
The power scale is also auto-ranging, so that if you are set for 1k but produce 1.5k the scale will bump itself up to 2k automagically. It _shouldn't_ be staying at 2k at that point, but should bump back down to the setpoint 1k. Is it possible that the autoranging is to blame only it isn't reverting back to 1k?

toothy

Thanks Andrew

The solar controllers will do it in the dark! It only happens if I close the local app or the computers go to sleep and I guess it sees sleep as closed. The one I said was holding is back at 5k scale with  only 1845 rated watts of panels, so I don't think it's an auto range issue. It does it on both computers.

Forget it, you have bigger fish to fry, I just thought I was doing some simple thing wrong, who knows it may work some day in the future. It really doesn't affect the readings I was just curious.

Thanks again
Wade

atop8918

Okay, just thought I'd check!

Don't worry about bigger fish, I have a whole kettle of them -- if it's broke, it's broke and it needs to be fixed! I wish I had another couple of arms though...

Resthome

Quote from: Resthome on July 07, 2013, 04:18:05 PM
Quote from: toothy on July 07, 2013, 04:46:11 AM

Thanks
Wade

What version of the App are you running? Saw this issue on earlier versions of the App but the latest beta version seem to have corrected this for me.

Well I have to correct this post. I watched this gauge in the Local App this last week and it is indeed resetting to the 5K scale even when the LA setting shows it on the 1K range. I have to change it to 2K and then back to 1K to get the gauge to change back to 1K. No auto ranging in effect here. If  you exit from the app and restart the app the gauge goes back to 5K.  I sure thought this had been resolve in one of the versions, but it is back with the latest version as Wade has pointed out.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

toothy

Hello John

I'm sorry your having the same issues, but glad I'm not nuts! Or at least no worse than usual.

I also have the same change and change back issue to get it to take. The little arrow push only works if you have changed a scale number.

Thanks for the sanity check
Wade

Halfcrazy

Yep I am seeing the same thing. Will add that to the list for Andrew.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

atop8918

Yup, verified here too!

Sorry about that, I thought I had it fixed. I'll be back on Local App fixes soon, I hope!

-Andrew

dgd

A fix, for me,for this problem has been to erase the setting.ini file and restart the local app. The scales will default to 5Kw so use config to change to 1kw and then exit local app. When you restart it the scales will be at 1kw and stay there.
Auto rescaling will still work if you go over 1Kw.
Andrew described how to find the file in the thread -  erasing non connected IP entries

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

ananthapriya

Yeah i think you are using old  version, mostly latest version having this kind of problem try to change latest version after your fault may be rectified.