Data not accurate

Started by jimbo, July 26, 2013, 10:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo

Hi guys, i have just started using the local app software and have noticed that the information on the graphs is not accurate.  The sun stopped hitting my panels at around 5pm however according to the graph there was 26 amps going into the battery at 9:30pm to 9:45pm :o  I have also noticed that the time on the graph does not match up as well as battery voltage.  The classic is only a few weeks old and seems to have the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Halfcrazy

It sounds like the time on the Classic may be set wrong? I guess what I am asking is does the data seem correct just off by XX many hours?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

jimbo

It's kind of hard to tell but the time on the classic is correct last time i checked.

jimbo

Just reset my computer for the first time in a week and now cannot get the application to work.  I keep getting "Device not available"  Grrrrr

zoneblue

The local app can be kind of tempramental.

However most folks have found that, using the latest firmware, latest adobe air, latest local app gives a pretty stable connection. Others have determined that shorter ethernet cables help reduce noise. Static IP will probably also help, if you know how to set that up.

Re: time, you cant set or see that on the local app, however you can do both on the MNGP.

6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

RossW

Quote from: zoneblue on July 26, 2013, 09:07:19 PM
Re: time, you cant set or see that on the local app, however you can do both on the MNGP.

.... or my little modbus utility - which will display and optionally set the time.
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

jimbo

Since the update of the local app yesterday i have noticed something happen in the Config-->Tech menu.

My battery offsets now automatically change to +2.5v every time i go into that menu, however it does not actually change the settings on the classic itself.  If i change it to 0, apply the change and get out, as soon as i'm back in it says 2.5v and the Batt voltage in the menu is wrong and doesn't correlate with the  battery voltage on the main dial.

boB

Quote from: jimbo on August 05, 2013, 10:26:21 PM
Since the update of the local app yesterday i have noticed something happen in the Config-->Tech menu.

My battery offsets now automatically change to +2.5v every time i go into that menu, however it does not actually change the settings on the classic itself.  If i change it to 0, apply the change and get out, as soon as i'm back in it says 2.5v and the Batt voltage in the menu is wrong and doesn't correlate with the  battery voltage on the main dial.

I believe that this anomaly has been noted and being worked on.

Thanks Jimbo !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

jimbo

No problem.

I'm enjoying the mymidnite page!!!  Do you think we will ever be able to adjust some settings from there?