help setting date time on classic lite

Started by GHOSTNH, September 06, 2013, 01:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GHOSTNH

ok so im 1 firmware revision behind on the classic lite(1549) current app update.. what I want to do is set the date time in the lite so I do not lose data when it thinks it is midnight and does a reset . these reset make me lose my kwh for the begin or end of the day. frustrating !!! in reading the forum on this I know that some have set the dtc by way of Modbus app .. so where does one get the app to do this that runs on windows and how does 1 install it ?? I tried to down load and run a link from ross?? but can not figure out how to use the download pgm in windows ( I think it was for a mac)..
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

zoneblue

Ross's newmodbus app runs on linux not windows... and i imagaine asking him to do a windows port will result in little more than a scowl. 

Bob said they are working on something for the next local app upgrade.  But bear in mind that for auto reset, youll lose the time every time it reboots, and have to set it again in local app, every time.

If you arent using auto reset, you could wait until midnite, reboot the thing, and at least the time of day will be right.

6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

RossW

Quote from: zoneblue on September 08, 2013, 12:24:55 AM
Ross's newmodbus app runs on linux not windows... and i imagaine asking him to do a windows port will result in little more than a scowl. 

Would you settle for a scowl AND an anti-microslops rant ?  :)

I wonder if it's possible cygwin might come to the rescue and make it work?
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

boB

Quote from: zoneblue on September 08, 2013, 12:24:55 AM

Bob said they are working on something for the next local app upgrade.  But bear in mind that for auto reset, youll lose the time every time it reboots, and have to set it again in local app, every time.

If you arent using auto reset, you could wait until midnite, reboot the thing, and at least the time of day will be right.

The Classic's calendar and clock should NOT reset if the processor simply resets.   Only if the power is turned off
and back on again.  That of course only goes for the Lite version.   The Local app or Ross's program can also
take care of the time-date if the power does go off and back on.  (when the local app has that feature which is
hopefully soon)

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

GHOSTNH

What I was seeing is the lost of the kwh like a reset had been performed .. the app was not restarted nor did the lite or the cpu lose power... all of the gauges did zero out tho as if a reset had been performed in plenty of sun light. since the lite is a distance away.. ( in  power shed )  on occasion I have seen the lite do a reset in the power shed ( all light flash for an instance) before the lite goes back to normal.  I do not have night auto reset enable ...enabled..  should I?? I promise not  to poke ross on windows every again  :) perhaps windows days are numbered
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

zoneblue

>The Classic's calendar and clock should NOT reset if the processor simply resets. 
>Only if the power is turned off and back on again.

All i know is that i when i tried auto reset on 1370/150lite/rev4, the time was intially set right using newmodbus, had been right for months. Turned auto reset on, then later in the day i heard it reboot at around 8pm at night, and then again at 7 am in the morning. I notice that the time was now off, and attempts to reset the time using newmodbus did not help, 8pm and 7 am. Twice a day. I also tried repowering the device at a couple of different times of the day to see if that would make it reboot at a different time, and oddly enough that also didnt help. I didnt have time to explore this further, just trying to get the datalogger working is my primary spare time focus right now Bob.

Good news on the WBjr. Can you get some to NZ aswell :) Very keen to incorperate it into the blackbox code which is near alpha prototype.

BTW im got some more info for you on the closed ethernet problem. I discovered through a process of trial and error that the arm board loading is the primary determinant of connect issues between it and the classic. Will post more soon in the open source section.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100

zoneblue

Quote from: GHOSTNH on September 08, 2013, 12:45:28 PM
What I was seeing is the lost of the kwh like a reset had been performed .. the app was not restarted nor did the lite or the cpu lose power... I have seen the lite do a reset in the power shed ( all light flash for an instance) before the lite goes back to normal.  I do not have night auto reset enable ...enabled..  should I?

OP, are you sure auto reset isnt on? Ive never ever seen my lite self reboot without it, and ours is about 5m from my desk. However i understand that those with mymidnnite enabled have been sometime seeing stray watchdog resets.

Im not 100% certain, but from the docs, 12 mid nite is the time that power today is added to lifetime power and power today reset to 0. Over 24 hours it all comes out in the wash even if it does this at 11 am or whatever. I guess.

Why not treat this as an excuse to give ubuntu live cd or flash stick a go. Linux is cool.

boB

Quote from: zoneblue on September 08, 2013, 04:21:30 PM
>The Classic's calendar and clock should NOT reset if the processor simply resets. 
>Only if the power is turned off and back on again.

All i know is that i when i tried auto reset on 1370/150lite/rev4, the time was intially set right using newmodbus, had been right for months. Turned auto reset on, then later in the day i heard it reboot at around 8pm at night, and then again at 7 am in the morning. I notice that the time was now off, and attempts to reset the time using newmodbus did not help, 8pm and 7 am. Twice a day. I also tried repowering the device at a couple of different times of the day to see if that would make it reboot at a different time, and oddly enough that also didnt help. I didnt have time to explore this further, just trying to get the datalogger working is my primary spare time focus right now Bob.

Interesting.  I will check my office Classic and see what happens with it.

NZ should be able to get WB Jr.s soon too.

Thanks !
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Westbranch

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come