new products slated for 2013

Started by mahendra, January 01, 2013, 08:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

hi i am kinda new to the forum and hope i am in the right section but i was wondering how early in this year the new products mention will be on the market i am specifically interested in the 30a mppt charge controller wind turbines and the inverters oh and hope they are pure sine wave cus am not interested in modified sine wave.i am anxious because i am in a position to upgrade my existing pv system and iam looking for quality products of decent prices because we all knnow whats goin on with quality these days even with the top brands like xantex,outback,morning star etc
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Halfcrazy

The timelines on the stuff is all over the place. But the 30 amp MPPT controller dubbed "The Kid" is real close. It is working and making power. Mario has the last rev of boards ordered and Robin will design the casting as soon as we have boards.

The Inverters will be longer. not sure on the timeline? Maybe 2Q or 3Q of 2013.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

mahendra

thanks a lot i was hoping the kid would be around soon
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Robin

Give it a good 6 months before production. That time goes by quick though.
Robin Gudgel

Vern Faulkner

Just on the "wish list" department: a 24volt-in, 1000-watt, load-sensing, hardwireable 120vac inverter/charger is something I'd like to have in my hands somewhere down the road ...

I lucked into a 12v Prosine 2.0 from Xantrex, and kinda like it, even though it's 10 years old and a bit temperamental.

vtmaps

Quote from: Vern Faulkner on January 06, 2013, 09:08:28 AM
Just on the "wish list" department: a 24volt-in, 1000-watt, load-sensing, hardwireable 120vac inverter/charger is something I'd like to have in my hands somewhere down the road ...

I'm easier to please than that :)  I'd settle for 500 watts and don't care about load sensing or charger mode, but it must have a very low no-load draw and be hardwireable.

--vtMaps

firerescue712

Quote from: vtmaps on January 07, 2013, 12:27:55 PM
Quote from: Vern Faulkner on January 06, 2013, 09:08:28 AM

I'm easier to please than that :)  I'd settle for 500 watts and don't care about load sensing or charger mode, but it must have a very low no-load draw and be hardwireable.

--vtMaps

And stackable.  Too much to ask? 

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: firerescue712 on January 07, 2013, 06:38:00 PM

There is a woman in the household, and she uses a vacuum that pulls 1.1 kw.

Although "Well, if you gotta vacuum, I guess you could fire up the generator and kill a few more dinosaurs, honey," has a certain evil-villain tone to it.

solarvic

I would hope for a 600 volt classic charge  controler that I could trust to work well and be reasonable priced.  ;D solarvic ;D
Fronuis inverters and sharp, kyocera, mittsubushi solar panels.

Robin

I just looked at the 600V Morningstar controller today here in Montreal. The unveiled it about 5 years ago. Here I thought only MidNite did that kind of thing! Schneider complains that they think the market should be larger for their 80 amp/600V controller. I have never heard any negative comments about their unit. Morningstar is going to go a little further by adding wind to their 600V controller, but it is only 60 amps output. I do think it may stack though. I do not know how big the market is for these controllers, but I fer that it is not large enough for three controllers?
If Eric ever gets the Big Dog going, there will be a chance we could entertain a higher voltage controller. I still don't know that it willl make sense though. Morningstar and Schneider know what they are doing, so unlesss they all go up in smoke, I doubt we can bring anything to the table that isn't already there.
We are very busy working on a bunch of other products though.
Robin Gudgel

niel

i got to thinking about the kidd and mounting it on an epanel. many could start out with the kidd and later expand to the classic so the mount should be compatible and as such the present classic mount should be utilized in mounting the kidd. if the kidd is not as tall (i have no knowledge on kidd specs) or as deep as the classic, then it needs adapted to keep with the same mounting hardware the classic would use. this makes for easy transition from one to the other in mounting.
comments or thoughts?