Welcome to MidNite Solar's Forum

Started by Halfcrazy, November 23, 2010, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallgirl

Saw the replay AND the post that said the SPAM stopper was fixed (grrr)

Wills6Adam

This post is somewhat wiered! Nobody is sticking up on any one topic and that results in unsolved querry.

JimBo911

Hello to all

My name is Jim I am a DIY guy. I live approximately 30 miles SW of Chicago Illinois. I have been involved with Re for many years mostly at my home but have helped others with there systems. I am a member of the Illinois Solar Energy Association. My women and I have been displaying our Hybrid RE system on the National Tour of Solar Homes (first weekend of October) for about four years now.
Our system is a 48 volt battery based hybrid consisting of a 1200 watt PV array, an Outback MX60 charge controller, 230 amp hour battery bank, 700 watt home built 7 foot (2 meter) wind turbine, 280 square feet of solar thermo. I am also a forum member of the BackShed.com which is about homegrown power mostly involving home built wind turbines.

The primary reason for joining this forum is my interest in the Classics ability to perform MPPT for wind turbines. This subject is a topic often-ed raised on the BackShed. As I mentioned before I am presently flying my home built mill which has given me much enjoyment and some heartbreak. To make a long story short any one who has built a serious wind mill will tell you that matching a wind mills loading to the available winds to maximize it's power out put can be a real challenge. (MPPT)
Looking forward to learning as much as  possible.
Jim

orlan7s

Not So Fast Bob. Will The Real Elves Please Stand Up.  https://youtu.be/bxXSC-eaFf4