classic 150 input volatage

Started by mahendra, March 05, 2013, 04:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

this is a question just for curiosity ,i have noticed on my classic 150 that when i switch the pv breaker off it reads around 62 to 66 volts and when i switch them on and it begins to charge it jumps down to around 52 to 56 why is this? thanks
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Halfcrazy

This is because the classic is running and you unhooked the battery (Not normally Recommended but should not hurt anything) and when this happens the classic tries to make the battery voltage skyrocket as there is no battery. it regulates pretty fast so thats why the slight high number.

Ryan

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

I haven't seen this and I have turned off the PV breaker quite a few times. I assume you mean the input voltage reading
rises. This is like when the Classic reduces the need for current from PV so PV voltage rises.  Unloading the PV input to a working Classic, perhaps in a charging mode (eg BULK ) may be causing an inductor in the Classic to cause a voltage jump in
the input voltage - maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.. ;)

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand