What is the best way to protect my inverters

Started by mtfalk64, June 23, 2013, 08:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtfalk64

What is the best way to protect an inverter during storms other the. Disconnecting the cables

mahendra

1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

TomW

I have a herd of these:

http://www.midnitesolar.com/products.php?menuItem=products&productCat_ID=23&productCatName=Surge%20Protection%20Devices

You need to match your circuit with the proper one. They can be had for less than the retail listed on Midnite's site.

I always lost sleep during sky spark season as we have lost a LOT of equipment to them. Had to reboard my Outback FX2524 Inverter 2X times from sky sparks.

I don't even worry at all since I installed the SPDs on all the incoming lines like grid AC, Turbine and Solar feeds. Sadly, they don't make them for phone lines, network cable, etc (yet).

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

mahendra

1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648