Mymidnite2 - time zone issue and feature request

Started by keppelk, December 12, 2015, 08:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keppelk

After many many reboots and some tech support from Jim@Midnite, I've managed to upgrade my 2x Classics to the latest firmware. Now using mymidnite2.com. Looks nice, and working OK thus far, but I have a bug (maybe) and feature request:

1. Current time shown on graph is in the future? I've attached a screenshot from just now. I'm in New Zealand GMT +13 hours, but MyMidnite2 seems to think it's the 14th when it's still the 13th. I can scroll back and see recent data, but each time I open the website I'm starting at a blank graph from the future. Is this a bug, and can it be fixed? I can scroll every time I login but it's less than ideal.

2. Mymidnite.com (old version) always displayed data in left hand box, even if it wasn't being graphed. For example I didn't have 'energy' graphed, but in the sidebar on the left it always showed 'energy'. Seems there is plenty of room in the sidebar on MyMidnite2 - any chance we could get all the data shown even if it's not being graphed? Really miss the being able to glance and see current solar output AND cumulative daily production without cluttering the graph.
Classic 200 - 3 strings of 4x 255W panels, Classic Lite 200 - 3 strings of 4x 255W panels = 6.12kW (24x BenQ PM245P00 255W)
16 cell Sinopoly 400Ah lithium battery w Ligoo EK-FT-12 BMS. Latronics LS7048 7kW 240V inverter

Westbranch

I second that issue about the MM date being off by a day...

When  I mentioned it earlier I thought it was a glitch due to Daylight Savings Time... 

Andrew, don't they do that in Europe too?

As well for showing the little summary, it was very useful, especially when used with the graphs...

tks  8)
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

atop8918

No problem, guys. Timezone work was about half-cooked before release, but should be a relatively simple fix when I get a chance to get the hood up. In the mean time Let me offer this well-made video as an obvious distraction and cop-out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY

As far as the badge goes : I can try to cram in all the data, but there's a lot more now because of the WB Jr. I'm not a UI guy as you must have guessed, but I'll do my best. Any suggestions are welcome!

off-grid-geeks

I second the request to show all 'present time' values in the badge when no 'historic' timestamp has been selected.
While I like to limit the number of datasets to display in the graph, I do like being able to view everything in the badge.

It gets cluttered having to select a dataset to be graphed, when you only want to view it in the badge.

Obviously, if a historic timestamp is selected in the graph, then the badge should only display the datasets that are selected to display in the graph.

If this can be done, sure would appreciate it.
And thanks for the greatly enhanced mymidnite2, especially the WBjr data!

atop8918

That all totally makes sense. I'll see what I can do!

grgdgreek

I just checked time zone setting for Athens,Greece-says Gmt+3 that's wrong... should be+2! Hope someone can fix this.
George:-)
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

Nashville

Would REALLY like to see both of my classics on the screen at once. like the old version : )