News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

charging batteries

Started by solar blue, December 11, 2016, 11:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solar blue

I went out to check the batteries they have recovered well sg1300 now  then looking into charge menu I went into limits all was well.  The numbers were right  under that it said more
Well then i press right soft key  the words HI BATT then a value  of170 appeared MY HAIR STOOD
up I though it was temp a my batteries but not so I think
underthat says temp just under that shift that value can be adjusted but i dont i dont know what its for can someone help? I have watched all the instr videos on midnite site cant find it there read manul not there serched web cant find it any place
  its a classic 150sl solar only
                                                                                                       solar blue
trying to wrap my head around this

Vic

Hi solar blue,

Believe that that setting is the temperature at which the Classic will stop charging the battery.   This would be used to keep the Classic's charging from heating the battery above that set temperature.

That very high setting is meant to disable this function,  unless the user sets it to a value of choice.

To see the temperature of the battery,   as measured by the BTS,  go to the " Temps " menu.   At the lower left of the MNGP display on the Classic,  you will see battery temp,   or similar.   This reading is in degrees C.

Good that your SGs are looking good.    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

solar blue

Hi Vic
You think a value a 170is ok for that? Just want to tell you that system is charging beyond my expections even on completely over cast days it does its thing. Yesterday the sun shined a little while saw 1500watts out of it. This is going to work. I would like to say that i dont have my head warped round it yet but sure getting a head full  thanks for all the help and a thanks to west branch and rest home all yal are  great foke,Owe yal a cup a coffee if ever we should meet
thanks again guys
                                                                                                      Wayne

trying to wrap my head around this

Vic

Hi Wayne,

170 should be fine ...  believe that setting is also in degrees C.   So it is the Default setting,  to make sure that it will never become active unless the battery is on fire.   Should be fine as it is,   unless you have a concern about your battery getting overcharged and becoming very hot.

Great news that your system is working so well for you  --  good work!

We are all learning,   and getting help from others here,   and elsewhere.
Have Fun,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!