Local App connection issues Disconnecting or freezing etc.

Started by Halfcrazy, January 27, 2012, 06:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: jabal on October 21, 2012, 04:21:48 AM
Hi all, new to Classic...

I have this problem with the Classic Lite connecting and disconecting to the App. I have my lock code typed correctly but still I cannot find where to disable the Web Access. I've gone through all the config tabs and can't find it. Please tell me where can I disable. Thnaks.

I don't think you can disable that from the Local App.

Hopefully we can change that !

There's a few other things it could have as well.

Getting closer on your disconnect issue I believe.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

simpil

It's in the classis mngp under net, next, advanced menu

jabal

I`ve got no MNGP I have a classic lite thus the only way I have to communicate is either through USB or Local App. The local app still conects and disconnects every 20 seconds or so, everytime with a new different IP adress.

Help is appreciated. Thanks

jabal

Ok finally what I did is to connect my Classic Lite to an old 3Com router I have. This way from my mac I can either connect via WIFI to the router that provides internet access or to the router which is connected to the Classic. This way the local app works fine...

TomW

I finally joined today so I could ask if the Classic  communication issue via ethernet has been fixed? I cannot find the answer searching and reading through the forum.  Of course that does not mean it is not posted here just that I am too dense to find or recognize it!  I have a Classic 150.

It seems I can connect once a day for a few minutes with the local app, ping it, etc. but eventually it just goes dead on the ethernet port. No ping reply and the Local App says "Busy"?

I hope to be able to gather the data from the Classic to process offline.

I use Ubuntu 11.10 so updating the firmware requires me to take it to a friends who uses Winders.

I updated to the current firmware 3 weeks ago but not sure which version it was or how to tell from the panel on the Classic 150? 6-29-2012 V2.69 comes to mind?

Anyway, wondering if this issue has been resolved?

Once that is resolved I will be asking about using modpol on Linux.

Thanks for any information.

TomW
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Tom
Andrew and boB are locked in the room until they get this resolved. Andrew thinks he has it and we will be testing this theory out. Also on the firmware Andy has a working Linux installer I am told. Robin is going to go to engineering and see if he thinks he can use it.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on October 30, 2012, 03:52:16 PM
Andrew and boB are locked in the room until they get this resolved.

Andy has a working Linux installer I am told. Robin is going to go to engineering and see if he thinks he can use it.

Ryan

Ryan;

I am willing to play guinea pig on the Linux installer. If I can't break it, nobody can! :o

I think those guys should get bathroom and pizza breaks. Provided they stay in the building, of course!  ;D

Sure like this Classic 150. Running it on my 520 watts of Kyoceras while I wait for the fresh install of 1500 watts of Samsung 250 watt units. Luckily this communication issue does not affect the MPPT section near as I can tell. Really looking forward to getting it reliably communicating. Ain't software glitches fun.

Thanks for the response.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

Tom, welcome to our little forum !

Even when the Classic ethernet locks up, one can usually still ping it.

Not sure why you can't ??  Are you trying to ping it on your local network ?
Check to make sure the IP address didn't get changed via DHCP.  I notice at
home that sometimes my router want to keep giving it new IP addresses.

I usually set it for DHCP, let it get an IP address, and then set it for
static mode and press ENTER to lock in that IP address.

Of course, you may already be doing that ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Lya72

Hi All,

After some months away, here are my two cents :

After upgrades of Classic firmware, MNGP, and AIR Software upgrade, i encountered the lock of the Local App, during the day with the Classic saying BUSY.

After rebooting it in the night, it comes the next day.

Now, it has gone, since in the configuration menu of the Local App, I added the IP address of my Classic, which disappeared after an update.

Yann

PS : Is the Local App Version 2.4 the latest ??
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

TomW

Quote from: boB on October 30, 2012, 05:07:50 PM

Tom, welcome to our little forum !

Even when the Classic ethernet locks up, one can usually still ping it.

Not sure why you can't ??  Are you trying to ping it on your local network ?
Check to make sure the IP address didn't get changed via DHCP.  I notice at
home that sometimes my router want to keep giving it new IP addresses.

I usually set it for DHCP, let it get an IP address, and then set it for
static mode and press ENTER to lock in that IP address.

Of course, you may already be doing that ?

boB

boB;

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I gave it a static IP (192.168.2.225) on my LAN. I just checked it all on the panel and it shows that as the IP. I cannot ping it as is now. Changing it to DHCP now to see if that makes a difference. No joy. It picked up 192.168.2.104 from the DHCP server and i cannot ping it or connect the local app to it. Status Panel says "device not available" even with the automatically detect-Classics is checked and the IP was added. The IP in the network tab still shows the .225 I gave it for static. Should that show the IP provided by the router  or the one I entered?

Sorry but I am confused which is not unusual. I think I will try a quick start see if I can start from scratch on the network config. No joy there, either, Still holding that 192.168.2.225 address even after the quick start and set for DHCP and the router says it has 192.168.2.104 as an IP. No ping on either IP and the Status Panel says "Device Not Available".

If it matters my Status Panel says it is Application Version 0.3.3, Open Flash Charts Version 2 Kvasir (midnite remix) running on Ubuntu 11.10

Awaiting your (gentle) cluehammer blow.  ;D

Thanks.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Halfcrazy on October 30, 2012, 03:52:16 PM
Andrew and boB are locked in the room until they get this resolved.

Andy has a working Linux installer I am told. Robin is going to go to engineering and see if he thinks he can use it.

Ryan

I run ubuntu off my netbook, and it's my OS of choice. Willing to play guinea pig ... as long as I won't screw the machine up too badly ...

dgd

Quote from: TomW on October 30, 2012, 06:16:27 PM

I gave it a static IP (192.168.2.225) on my LAN. I just checked it all on the panel and it shows that as the IP. I cannot ping it as is now. Changing it to DHCP now to see if that makes a difference. No joy. It picked up 192.168.2.104 from the DHCP server and i cannot ping it or connect the local app to it. Status Panel says "device not available" even with the automatically detect-Classics is checked and the IP was added. The IP in the network tab still shows the .225 I gave it for static. Should that show the IP provided by the router  or the one I entered?

Sorry but I am confused which is not unusual. I think I will try a quick start see if I can start from scratch on the network config. No joy there, either, Still holding that 192.168.2.225 address even after the quick start and set for DHCP and the router says it has 192.168.2.104 as an IP. No ping on either IP and the Status Panel says "Device Not Available".

Can I make a suggestion or two?  Make the 192.168.2.104 address static with mask 255.255.255.0 on you classic.  Remove any other secondary ip addresses it has.
If you have an Ethernet cable longer then 2 metres between the classic and router then use a shorter cable and connect it to a powered Ethernet hub then connect hub to longer cable to your router.
I used a cat5 cable into the classic but replaced this with a shielded cat6 cat7 cable. I also had the lock tab broke off so that I could remove the cable from the classic's socket but this allowed the cable to creep out. It didn't come right out but enough to make for an unreliable connection. Bring the cable out of the classic keeping it away from the power cables.
Set the local app to discover classics, don't specify a static IP address.
None of these may make and difference to your network problem but its something to try while awaiting a solution from MN...
Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand