2 Classics breaks ability to use config tab

Started by mtdoc, October 12, 2012, 01:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdoc

I finally finished the addition of a second array.  I now have 2 classics running.  They are working great!  Unfortunately the ability to use the local app to change any of the config settings is now broken.  Both classics show up on the local app and I can monitor their activity fine. But as soon as I try to use the config tab, it drops that Classic which now shows up as "unknown" and Busy and/or shows up with the name and IP address but shows "Device Not Available".

Any one else experience this with multiple Classics?  Any ideas on the cause or a fix?

Thanks.

BTW - Restarting the router that the Classics are connected to allows the local app to reconnect to both Classics.
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

boB

Are your Classics set up as STATIC or DHCP ??

I like to set them up as DHCP so the router can give them an address and
then switch them to STATIC and press ENTER so that they stay with
that address and then put that TCP/IP address into the local app using
the configuration screen.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mtdoc

They were DHCP....

But I just did what you suggested - changed them to static and that fixed the problem!

Can't beat this - prompt resolution of a problem by the designer/engineer.

Thank You boB!!!!

PS - really looking forward to the upcoming networking functionality!
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.