News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Hawke's Bay / Re: Ground Fault w/PV Breaker ...
Last post by aaapilot - May 03, 2024, 09:25:24 PM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on May 03, 2024, 05:41:51 PMI just looked and I have never enabled the ground or arc fault on the Hawkes Bay.
I think I always left them off on my Classics too.
Larry
Hi Larry.  The Classic has GF/AF built in, all you have to do is enable it.  For HB/Barcellona, you have to add the GF/AF kit separately, that includes a sub-board and 2 toroids.  Once you install the kit, you enable them in software, just like the Classic.   Dave
Hawke's Bay / Re: Ground Fault w/PV Breaker ...
Last post by ClassicCrazy - May 03, 2024, 05:41:51 PM
I just looked and I have never enabled the ground or arc fault on the Hawkes Bay.
I think I always left them off on my Classics too.
Larry

Hawke's Bay / Ground Fault w/PV Breaker Off
Last post by aaapilot - May 03, 2024, 09:49:24 AM
I've had an intermittent Ground Fault, aprox 5 times in 2.5 months since the system was installed.  It occurs either when the sun is setting or early in the morning just before sunrise. (At least, that's what I'm guessing since it's ok at 10pm and light on at 7:30-8:00 am when I check on the system.) Yesterday it occurred and the PV breaker was OFF on the HB. Is that even possible for the system to detect a ground fault when there is no load on the PV? (There IS a Surge Protector at the combiner box, so are the 2 LEDs on the SP considered a load??)  I'm beginning to think the Ground Fault circuit sub-board is faulty .... it is one of the original builds that have the D2 RED LED.  Incidentally, the system does NOT shut down when the GF occurs.  Just the red lite on the display w/ the words 'a ground fault has occurred'. When I press the knob to clear, when there is PV connected and on, the MPPT is still running and producing power. I thought the system would stop and had to be reset? I have removed the front cover to check the board when it occurs, before I clear the message on the screen, and the D2 RED LED is flashing quickly, showing normal ops????  The D1 RED LED has never illuminated, which is suppose to be on solid when a GF is present.  Thanks all.  Dave
The Rosie / Re: Rosie tell me about SMA
Last post by FNG - May 03, 2024, 08:14:23 AM
You are talking about AC Coupled. Rosie supported this now and does need to be enabled. When the grid fails and the Rosie is charging the battery from the Sunny Boy it will frequency shift to control the Sunny Boy. This is a typical addition to a grid tie system to provide backup
The Rosie / Rosie tell me about SMA
Last post by holdmode - May 02, 2024, 10:47:50 PM
Hi: All. My first post.

1- And my questions is I have (SMA) Sunny boy 41-us. connect to sub-panel and you know (sma)export to the grid, and I like to buy and install Rosie to the sup-panel what do you think.
Thank you.

2-
The "Classic" charge controller / Re: New LiFePO4 installation c...
Last post by boB - April 29, 2024, 04:01:00 PM
Well, I have seen this SOC = 0%   on one other Classic 150. In fact, it is on a friend's Classic near me.  I have NO idea WHY it is on that 150.

But NOW after seeing this, there must be an issue with some 150s.

But the code change has nothing special for the 150 vs.  200 and 250 Classics other than voltage and current limits.

Very perplexing.  This can be figured out but I guess I need to trade my friend's Classic 150 for another one so that I can dig much deeper into why this is.

I even tried the secret method of telling the 150 to go to 100% SOC but going to the WB Jr. status menu, pressing Soft-Left key (MORE)  and holding down the LET-ARROW key while then holding down the ENTER key.  I see the LCD go kind of gray like it is supposed to do but the SOC% did NOT change from 0%.

You might at least TRY that but I have a feeling it is going to do the same thing as my friend's Classic 150.

boB
Last post by mahendra - April 28, 2024, 07:30:43 PM
If VMM does not work you might want to check the wbjr.
I had one that kinda failed but appears to work .
It is on one of these threads
Quote from: Mike W on April 28, 2024, 11:31:23 AMHi boB,
When on the boat this winter I updated to the lithium code on my 150s. I did the VMM.  Since then SOC remains steadfastly at 0. Battery capacity is correct at 440Ah but SOC will not change from 0. Everything else seems to work correctly as far as I could see.
Now off the boat and back home.
Mike
Maybe try another VMM and see if it changes the next time batteries fill up.
My 150 had the 0 percent but then it went back to normal functioning. I am just speculating I had done a few VMM and maybe that helped fix it.
Larry
Last post by Mike W - April 28, 2024, 11:31:23 AM
Hi boB,
When on the boat this winter I updated to the lithium code on my 150s. I did the VMM.  Since then SOC remains steadfastly at 0. Battery capacity is correct at 440Ah but SOC will not change from 0. Everything else seems to work correctly as far as I could see.
Now off the boat and back home.
Mike