problem of parallel commissioning of two magnum inverters.

Started by bafaro, August 11, 2016, 07:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bafaro

Hi, I reinstalled the cards ( TCB and FCB ) to the MS PE 4124 model inverter . It works well again but the problem I'm not able to put in parallel with the second inverter. The RTR indicates : OVERLOAD and off both inverters.
I found on the RTR a difference between DC and AC voltages of the two inverters.
The inverter which has just received the new maps mark the DC voltage equal to 24.8 volts AC voltage to 234 volts also as the second brand inverter DC voltage equal to 25 volts and the AC voltage equal to 228 volts. Meanwhile, the multimeter to measure the battery terminals a DC voltage equal to 24.74 volts.
I do not know whether these differences may be due to the age difference of the newly installed maps on one of the two inverters ?. If this proves true it will also have to change two cards of the second inverter also ?
Thank you

Vic

Hello bafaro,

I know nothing of Magnum Inverters;

Are there stacking cables and interfaces needed to Parallel Stack these inverters?  Do you have any/all of these,  and have them properly configured?

Also know nothing of TCB,  FCB,  RTRs,  etc,  but perhaps,  some of these things help successful Stacking (?).

Also,  you might check the Firmware revision levels on each inverter,  or additional hardware item that helps the inverters or external hardware item allow Stacking.

Fairly often,  all firmware revisions need to match on all hardware,  for Stacking to work properly.

If you have not yet done so,  try contacting Magnum for guidance may help.

And,  you might try posting your questions on the Wind-Sun Forum,  it is still a fairly active group:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/

FWIW,   Good Luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

bafaro

Vic thank you,
Reassure you I have two inverters in parallel for a few years. Only I just replace elements on one and therefore I am unable to put in parallel again. as you suggested I will follow the advice.
Best regards.
Bafaro

Halfcrazy

I know different versions of firmware can be an issue when stacking. I would call Magnum and make sure there is no issue there. The other thing I know of stacking magnums is you need to boot them all up within like 30 seconds of each other
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

bafaro

grgdgreek

What has magnum energy's customers support say?
George.
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

bafaro