Product Names, & stuff ?

Started by nigel, September 16, 2012, 07:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel

Hi
I guess one of the best things about a company like Midnite creating new products is the fun (not sure the engineers and production staff would use the word fun ?  ) in bringing such products to market  and getting to name them. It probably would be no surprise to most here that the likes of Ford and Other multinational companies spend a fortune on research to find these best appealing names to help sell there stuff globally.

I think it would be a good idea to allow suggestions for names for new and upcoming products to be discussed at least . so that it helps sell the product  as Midnite continues to grow acros the globe.

For example here is a suggestion on the Classic Range that I had thought of which in no way is negative statement on the Classic or Classic Lite names  but just my idea with a spanish leaning applied.

Spanish for with is   Con
Spanish for without is Sin

So the Classic  Lites  could have been named Classic SD     (Classic without Display, sin display) 
The Standard Classic could have been named  Classic CD      ( Classic with Display, con display)

In Europe the defintion of CD on  most company car manufacturers models   meant Company Director Trim ( ie the highest level of luxury) So that is a positive that works well in Europe at least.

But non of this might work in,
A. Your biggest home market and indeed may mean something else
B. May be counter productive in others across the globe also and thus  could be easily dismissed.

Just a thought with many new things still coming from MN in the future.  With many fans on here of your products it may be good to get them involved . Take this as a positive and the classic suggestion was only as an example . I would also like to see how many other
SCFI terms like VMM (Vulcan Mind Meld) and Hyper VOC could be included in the future for names of products or product  features descriptions

Nigel

Robin

Nigel, your suggestions would benefit those in Spanish speaking countries for sure. If we ever get to the point where we have personnel dedicated to these markets outside the US and Canada, I would like to start using these descriptions.
It all takes time of course and we do not have a strong presence in other markets yet. Once we start advertising in countries outside the US, we will takea good look at this type of thing.
Gracious,
Robin
Robin Gudgel