Kid Manual Update

Started by Doug, January 06, 2015, 12:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

The Kid manual is being updated.
This is a good time to let me know what you would like to be added or clarified.

Doug

xsnrg

A few thoughts:

It would be nice to have more details about the various load modes and how other settings affect them.

It would also be nice for some of the new settings in the latest beta firmware to be documented.

Is the manual versioned?  I'd hate to be making recommendations just to find out mine is older and there was an update   ;)
3x 250w Renogy RNG-250D
1x MidNite KID w/WBjr and MNBTS
1x 12v 100Ah el cheapo deep cycle
1x 300w PST-300-12 Samlex pure sine
http://www.howardweb.org/weather/solar/index.html

Doug

Hi xsnrg,

The load function and modes have been a source of confusion. I will be expanding on that.

For the most part, on Beta units I either send an insert or a manual specific to those Beta units. The features can and do change greatly before they go into production. Firmware changes that happen after units ship are documented with the firmware download.

All manuals are rev controlled. The current version of the Kid manual is at http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/kidManual.pdf

Thank you for the input,
Doug

Resthome

Quote from: Doug on January 07, 2015, 11:48:56 AM
Hi xsnrg,

The load function and modes have been a source of confusion. I will be expanding on that.

For the most part, on Beta units I either send an insert or a manual specific to those Beta units. The features can and do change greatly before they go into production. Firmware changes that happen after units ship are documented with the firmware download.

All manuals are rev controlled. The current version of the Kid manual is at http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/kidManual.pdf

Thank you for the input,
Doug

Nice job on the Kid manual, Doug! We need you to update the Local App and Classic manuals.  ;)
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Doug

Thanks John,

I hope to update many of the manuals soon.
Shelley is working with boB to update the Classic manual.
That'll be a little while yet, it is a big manual.

Doug

TomW

No project is complete until the paper work is done  :o
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Doug

Quote from: TomW on January 08, 2015, 12:56:04 PM
No project is complete until the paper work is done  :o

Well, then, I'm doomed.  :)

Graig

Please document the two RJ11 interfaces.
There are a couple errors in the first few pages. One will fail your spell checker and the other calls the RJ11 jacks RJ45s.
XW system, 3 arrays= 6.9kw

Doug

Noted,
Yeah, I'm finding some typos too.

Thanks,
Doug