need help with my midnite classic 150 showing no watts and no killowatt hours

Started by dwih2007, October 18, 2021, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwih2007

need help with my midnite classic 150 showing no watts and no killowatt hours input volts 73.8 input current 5.2 amps battery volt 55.2 i would love to do the repair myself without shipping the product back to be repaired if there is something that need to be repaired i realize that the little battery in the display panel is finished so i need to get one because when i check it with volt meter it does not read 3 volts i did a hardware reset on the classic and still having the same error

boB

Interesting !

The MNGP display 3V battery shouldn't have any affect on kW-Hours or output watts displayed...

Watts should be similar to output current multiplied by battery voltage of course

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

did you try a reset of Classic ?
"To do a Factory Restore or a Quick Start first turn the battery and solar power to the Classic off. Next, turn the battery power back on while holding the Left and Right arrows. Hold the arrows until the Solar, Wind or Hydro screen pops up. Follow the on screen prompts and continue setup. Note: This will reset all settings to factory defaults. You will need to reset any custom settings such as Aux 1 and 2. You may want to write these settings down for reference prior to resetting the Classic."
https://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=19&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

More questions...

Does the Classic MNGP remote seem to work for all other status ?

Does it show battery output current more- or-less correctly ?

Does it show battery voltage correctly ?

Do you have any other Classics in the system besides this one ?

Does the Classic actually charge the batteries and raise the battery voltage when sun is shining ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dwih2007

the MNGP remote work good for other status
it show battery current and voltage correctly
i dont have any other classic
the classic charge the battery and raise the battery voltage it only sweep and go to resting sometimes i am using lithium batteries

dwih2007

i took out the 3v battery and it start to work and then it stop working again so look like i need to buy a 3v battery for it to work

boB

Quote from: dwih2007 on October 19, 2021, 10:10:47 AM
i took out the 3v battery and it start to work and then it stop working again so look like i need to buy a 3v battery for it to work

This is very strange.   Almost sounds like a loose connection but kW-Hours and watts display should not rely on the 3V battery.

If the 3V battery is dead it will definitely keep the time and date from staying accurate when the power is turned off or if the MNGP comes unplugged.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

boB

Quote from: dwih2007 on October 19, 2021, 08:02:37 AM
can midnite classic firmware get corrupted

If the Classic works at all, then the firmware should not be corrupted.

You can however choose the wrong type of Classic when updating but then you should see the message, "wrong code"  in the MNGP lower right corner flash on.   This would be where you see "Resting" and Absorb and that sort of message

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dwih2007

its malfunctioning now i its showing  5 watts for power when more is coming in i am using lithium battery i dont put back the 3v battery in it yet its working only thing it dont show correct information for watts and it go to rest often probably because of the lithium battery

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Hi dwih..,

Does this Classic have a WbJr (the battery current monitoring accessory),  connected to it?
Did it ever have one?

Is the Classic set to use an external Shunt (this is one of the settings,  when using the WbJr),  instead of the shunt that is in the Classic?  You can tell this by,  doing this:  From the main Status screen of the MNGP display on the Classic,  press the small round button on the lower,  left,  four times.   This takes you to the first WbJr Status screen.  On the top row of that screen,  all of the way on the right,  does it say, "shunt",  or, "classic?.

If it says shunt,  then it is trying to use an external shunt,  not the one built into the Classic.  If it says shunt,  and you do not have an external one,  plus,  the WbJr,  would guess that there will be no current shown,  and there would probably not be any kWh,  Ah,   etc shown on the MNGP  ...   I think.

Just guessin'.     Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

dwih2007

will take a picture when the sun come out tomorrow yes i use a wizbang jr