Emergency Load Diversion on Input Side of Classic and Other Q's

Started by RichardB, April 23, 2016, 12:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardB

Hi,

Looking for some advice again please guys.

New System Layout:
Hydro pelton connected, three phase PMG, outputting 80VAC (will be 1600W or less). This would then be fed into a three phase rectifier before being passed into the Classic at approx 110V DC. The Classic would be charging a 24V 400Ah battery bank. Power Master controlling dump load in hot water cylinder. My plan is to add the thermostatically controlled relay to switch the dump to air heaters once the cylinder reaches temp (if anyone has recommendations on a controller to do this, that would be much appreciated).

I would dearly love to buy a Clipper, but I simply can't afford it, so trying to add a little added protection to the system by using the Aux 2 on the Classic. Can I use a relay driven resistor module and use the "Clipper" or "Pv V on High" AUX2 setting to divert power from the input side of the Classic (between the rectifier and Classic) to save the turbine and classic from over voltage if something goes wrong further down the line in the system?

Last question, has anyone any experience using relays made by VB Controls in Virginia?

Thanks
Richard

boB

Richard, it would be almost perfect if you could place diversion on the AC turbine side of the rectifier.

That way you do not short out or load down the input side of the Classic.  This AC diversion method is THE
way to go.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me