Is it possible to remotely adjust classic and control aux. 1+2 overseas?

Started by grgdgreek, July 03, 2016, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grgdgreek

Hello o wise ones :-)
So here's the scoop-going abroad many times a year and need to adjust classics to prevent electrolyte evap.
Also turn on + off dehumidifier.
Can this be done from mm2 or only local app.?
Thanks,
George
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

TomW

Been a long while since I used either so not sure if you can do it via MM or The Local App but..

On a purely networking level:

You could port forward on your router to your Classic and then anything you can do locally from the network in the Local App you can do from pretty much anywhere with internet. Once you know your router's internet side IP at least. Would need some geeky setup steps but not at all difficult with modern routers.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Resthome

Quote from: grgdgreek on July 03, 2016, 01:20:08 PM
Hello o wise ones :-)
So here's the scoop-going abroad many times a year and need to adjust classics to prevent electrolyte evap.
Also turn on + off dehumidifier.
Can this be done from mm2 or only local app.?
Thanks,
George

AFAIK you can not make changes to CC setting from MM2 only the LA
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

grgdgreek

Hello everyone :-)
So has anyone done this lately?
I was talking with my tech /internet guy...
Static ip? Port forwarding?
I understand I can only use the local app. It's being able to access the la. over the internet is what I'm striving for.
Am I correct?
thanks,
George
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

TomW

George:

If you can access it from your local network, have an internet connection on both ends, there is no reason you cannot access it from anywhere with internet. Just a bit of massaging your router to let you in and a way to find your address if you don't have static IP at the Classic's LAN router, like DYNDNS.

Bottom line is yes. You will need someone with some geek skills to set it up but its not rocket science.  Not an easy task to explain via a forum, however.

So, yes it can be done. Good luck with it.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

grgdgreek

Thank you  :)
I will get on it tomorrow and give everyone an update :-)

grgdgreek

Tom,

Do you know what ports have to be forwarded in order to access it from the internet?

Thanks,
George

Halfcrazy

By default the classic is on port 502. You can change this in the classic. For instance you could do port 502, 503 and 504 if you had 3 classics.

1- The router on site needs to be set to forward port 502 to the IP of classic 1 that is set to port 502 in above example, Port 503 to the IP of classic two and so on.
2- The site with the classics either needs a static IP or something like a dyndns.org account that will give you a URL that is auto translated to the pubic IP of the site. (go to www.whatismyip.com to see what your public IP is now. I find for services in the states such as cable internet the IP doesnt change very often)
3- Take the PC (personal computer) that has the LA (local App)on it and open the local app.
4- Left click on "Application" in the top left corner of the LA
5- Left click "Configuration"
6- In the blank white box labeled IP enter the public IP or DynDNS url from above.
7- In the blank white box labeled port add 502 and left click ADD
8- Repeat 6 and 7 with all ports for each classic.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

What Ryan (Halfcrazy) said...

He obviously has done it multiple times.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

grgdgreek

Update-
Tech guru did what u said above. Works great! P.s. he had to adjust ip security settings to allow access.
Now when I'm overseas, not only can I monitor my system ,I can also adjust + change settings according to my needs!¡!!
Lovin' it:-) :-)
Many thanks to everyone for there help with this! :-)
Midnite Rocks:-) :-) :-) !!!

TomW

Quote from: grgdgreek on August 21, 2016, 08:03:43 AM
Many thanks to everyone for there help with this! :-)
Midnite Rocks:-) :-) :-) !!!

Tthats why these guys get the big bucks..  :o

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)