Classic 150 stuck in FLOAT MPPT mode

Started by dgd, July 19, 2012, 04:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgd

Connected to a wind turbine but no input today, cool clear winter's day. MX60 with pvs took batt bank up to absorb and float. Now it's night and mx60 asleep. 150 followed mx60 into absorb and float.
Now it stays in FLOAT MPPT except every so often it goes to RESTING but only stays there a minute at most and goes back to FLOAT MPPT.
I was not concerned until I noticed that AUX 2 was On at 12v since I have it at clipper setting and use it control a relay that shorts the turbines 3 phases through three 2 ohm resistors, a simple clipper type circuit that keeps the turbine loaded when the classic unloads it.
So although my batts could use anything, even a trickle, from the turbine it will end up warming the dump load resistors.
Is there some setup thing I have missed?  :D
(batt V is 25.4,  input V shows 24 and drops to 16 when RESTING goes back to 24 with FLOAT MPPT, actual input V is zero)e

Some wind later last  night so I repowered the 150 and everything went back to normal  :)

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand