Display enhancement idea-BIG NUMBERS option

Started by Wxboy, July 29, 2012, 09:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wxboy

I have an idea for a future display enhancement.  I would love it if there was a display option to select one of the input numbers like watts or amps or volts and make them BIG on the screen so that a specific variable could be seen from a greater distance.  I've used other electronics in the past that had this feature but I can't remember what it was maybe an old loran or a GPS but I think it's a nice feature to have.  Actually I remember now it was a fish finder.  You could select depth or water temp or speed or any other variable to show in big numbers on the screen. 

I would personally select watts or amps since volts are displayed in big red numbers on my inverter. 

Anyway just an idea from one user. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

Quote from: Wxboy on July 29, 2012, 09:09:55 PM
I have an idea for a future display enhancement.  I would love it if there was a display option to select one of the input numbers like watts or amps or volts and make them BIG on the screen so that a specific variable could be seen from a greater distance.  I've used other electronics in the past that had this feature but I can't remember what it was maybe an old loran or a GPS but I think it's a nice feature to have.  Actually I remember now it was a fish finder.  You could select depth or water temp or speed or any other variable to show in big numbers on the screen. 

I would personally select watts or amps since volts are displayed in big red numbers on my inverter. 

Anyway just an idea from one user.

ABSOLUTELY !!!   I totally agree and have wanted to do this for a long time now...
I just haven't had the time to get that done.   However, the large fonts ARE part
of the MNGP code in there to do just that.

Also, this is where the audio voice will come in nice...  It can just tell you the voltage and
watts or when it goes to Float or Absorb or whatever.  (verbose audio mode)

Anyway, this is one of those things that we can (and will) eventually do.

boB

____     __         _____    __     __
|___ \   / /_       |___  |   \ \   / /
   __) | | '_ \         / /     \ \ / /
  / __/  | (_) |  _    / /       \ V / 
|_____|  \___/  (_)  /_/         \_/   

#######   #######      ########    ##     ##
##     ## ##     ##     ##    ##    ##     ##
       ## ##                ##      ##     ##
#######  ########         ##       ##     ##
##        ##     ##       ##         ##   ## 
##        ##     ## ###   ##          ## ##   
#########  #######  ###   ##           ###   

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wxboy

I was thinking that since the MNGP has graphing capability that large numbers would be no problem for it.  Thanks for the response as always boB!  I'll be looking forward to testing out the verbose audio mode in the future as well. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

laszlo

There are some menus on the MNGP that are still not used on the up arrow and down arrow keys, so maybe Bob we can add some large font V/W/AMP values? Also, what's up with logging amp-hour units? Neither the app nor the MNGP display amp-hour production and this would be realy useful fo rbattery based systems -- like on he MX60.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

boB

Quote from: laszlo on August 18, 2012, 05:35:30 PM
There are some menus on the MNGP that are still not used on the up arrow and down arrow keys, so maybe Bob we can add some large font V/W/AMP values? Also, what's up with logging amp-hour units? Neither the app nor the MNGP display amp-hour production and this would be realy useful fo rbattery based systems -- like on he MX60.

Agree that I'd love to have the BIG fonts for certain things.  Unfortunately, there are a couple of higher priority items to work on first.

Amp-Hours has been in there but it has not worked correctly  and we haven't had much time to figure that out since the kW-Hours worked well.
BUT !...  I think I just figured out the problem today with the Amp-Hours and will be checking to make sure this next week.
It just may be fixed and included the next upcoming code release, I hope.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Watt

Quote from: boB on August 19, 2012, 06:27:43 AM
Quote from: laszlo on August 18, 2012, 05:35:30 PM

Agree that I'd love to have the BIG fonts for certain things.  Unfortunately, there are a couple of higher priority items to work on first.

Amp-Hours has been in there but it has not worked correctly  and we haven't had much time to figure that out since the kW-Hours worked well.
BUT !...  I think I just figured out the problem today with the Amp-Hours and will be checking to make sure this next week.
It just may be fixed and included the next upcoming code release, I hope.

boB

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

phonetic

Great idea.the large fonts, Im using as a solution with my failing eyesight :) 10-60v Backlit LCD panel meter display to display voltage. I can see easy form 40 feet
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.