2 Outback VFX inverters + Midnite Classic 250 - quick question

Started by MarkDS, August 29, 2012, 10:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDS

Hi there,

We have a customer with a system that was poorly designed and are looking to upgrade the existing MX-60 with a Classic 250.  Currently there are 12 HIP-200 panels all connected in parallel with a ~300' wire run from tracker to charge controller.  Looking to run 4 strings of 3 modules into a Classic 250 to gain efficiency due to reduced voltage drop.

Question is, how well do the Outback VFX's and the MidNite Solar Classic 250 play together?  I don't suppose we would be able to utilize the MATE and Hub4 for communication and programming of the Classic? 

I've searched around and haven't come to a conclusive answer, my hunch is it will be no, but I want to confirm. 

boB

2400 Watts of modules...   What is your battery voltage ?  If it is 48V then no problem at all.

3 in series should be a Voc of about  69 * 3  is less than 210 Voc.  Perfect !!

At 2400W into a 48V bank, this will be around 50 amps output max, so it is sized
perfectly as well.

It will play just fine with your VFX inverter but at this time does not communicate with the Mate.

This is one of those great uses for a higher voltage controller since 300 feet is a ways away.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

toothy

Hello boB

In the 4th sentence of your reply there are these words that made me sit up and pay attention, "...at this time...".

Those words make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Outback communication, along with 600v and I won't know what to do with myself, after I'm through feeding that X-brand box to the Caterpillar!!!

Waiting with baited breath
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

boB

Quote from: toothy on August 30, 2012, 04:54:39 PM
Hello boB

In the 4th sentence of your reply there are these words that made me sit up and pay attention, "...at this time...".

Those words make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Outback communication, along with 600v and I won't know what to do with myself, after I'm through feeding that X-brand box to the Caterpillar!!!

Waiting with baited breath
Wade

Yep !

Never say Never !

Of course, it's all just "2 weeks away", right ? ?

The question is, 2 weeks away from when ?

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me